PDA

View Full Version : 12/10 letdown

P.A.W.
12-10-2015, 03:26 PM
The striper bit (largemouth too) has been a bit flaky. As I left the park yesterday I saw a trout truck pulling in. When I got home I called the gate and confirmed it was indeed a trout plant. Great, the big stripers and bass will be out in force. I set up my BBZ1 and left the house early this morning to secure a good spot in line. Wow! A bunch of other folks had heard about it too. By 6:00 there was a looong line behind me. By 6:30 the marina/launch area was a zoo. Problem is nobody was hooking up the expected big stripers. Ended up being just another blah day. Just more than double the boat traffic.

fishing_freak
12-10-2015, 05:52 PM
are they only planting it at the marina/launch and not ramp 2?

P.A.W.
12-10-2015, 06:36 PM
For now that's what I hear. Ramp 2 is high and dry.

fishing_freak
12-10-2015, 06:46 PM
bummer how are people going to catch trout when we cant fish the right side of the marina and no point on fishing on the left since all the big bass and striper are hiding under the docks waiting to ambush them

Askwhy
12-11-2015, 03:30 AM
bummer how are people going to catch trout when we cant fish the right side of the marina and no point on fishing on the left since all the big bass and striper are hiding under the docks waiting to ambush them

We'll my guess is the stock by the state on Wednesday was another micro size stock
The first one was just baby trout just the right size to snack on for the average size striper
200 pounds worth , my guess is this stock was not much better from the disappointment you guys experienced on Thursday .
Not enough food to stir things up . That's just my opinion .

ddoskocil
12-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Keep at it, Pat - if anyone finds them, you deserve to find them first! By the way - yes, I'm at work, thinking about fishing...enjoy your time!

Ian
12-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the report, Pat!

P.A.W.
12-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Keep at it, Pat - if anyone finds them, you deserve to find them first! By the way - yes, I'm at work, thinking about fishing...enjoy your time!

Nice of you to think that Darren, but there are folks you don't hear from on the forum who spend just as much time out there as I do. Anything I know about Skinner is kind of a group effort.