PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 11/22/2015

vonfranko
11-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Finally had a chance to get out to Big Bear for a couple hours with the wife. We went to our usual spot around 8:00am and threw out the first line. Missed a really big bite, and then caught 2 trout after new casts before I could even get a 2nd pole setup. During the rest of the morning we had a double hookup at one point and another time threw in a line and had a fish on before I could even get it placed in a rod holder. Released and lost a few that had light lip hooks but kept any others if it was deep or questionable. Also missed a lot of bites. Chunky chartreuse with garlic, rainbow candy with garlic, as well as inflated night crawlers were all working on the usual 3' or so leader. Ended up with 9 fish around 11:00am and called it a day.

When I cleaned them, one had an entire bass plastic worm stuck in it guts (no idea how it ate it) and another had 4 of those fresh water sculpin inside it. I'm guessing they are eating everything they can right now to fatten up for the winter?

DockRat
11-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a hot bite. WTG

TUNAVIC
11-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Very nice results,thanks for report and pic!

Cya Tuna Vic

all fish
12-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Ya, the bite seems to be good on mostly pan size trout, got one that was pushing 3lbs. I got on some recently with same results. I got 2 on my favorite silver/chartreuse kastmaster, which i cant find anywhere & the tackle shop never ordered, Thanks! I finished out my limit with 3 on the powerbait. My son got 2 on pb but lost interest as kids often do & he retired to the car for a nap. Its getting cold up there now. Dress warm if you go.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
12-01-2015, 12:40 PM
nice catches! last time I went up I was only able to get those pesky sculpins, kept stealing my worms!

M@M
12-01-2015, 05:53 PM
NICE!! That was a sweet 3 hrs of fishing! Thanks for the report and pics!

billy b
12-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Gr8t fishing ... I'm also impressed with your self control ... How did you stop 1 short of a double limit?

vonfranko
12-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Haha we had to leave by 11 as we had a lot of things to do in the afternoon. 1 short of the limit was more than enough for the 2 of us.

We usually have good luck up there and catch our limit after a whole day of fishing but that was the best bite we've ever had. We both have 2 pole stamps to fish 4 poles total, but just fished with 2 poles total most the morning to slow things down or we likely would have limited well before 11. I love catching fish but also enjoy relaxing and taking in the view of the lake and mountains. I didn't want to limit out and then sit there an hour or so not doing any fishing. I can have some self control to fish with less but would not be able to sit there not fishing at all having our limit and knowing how the bite was lol.

vonfranko
12-02-2015, 04:40 PM
nice catches! last time I went up I was only able to get those pesky sculpins, kept stealing my worms!

Those things drive me crazy when the weather warms up. It's better than being skunked though I guess.