PDA

View Full Version : Trout stocking info ?

dj-nextone
11-17-2015, 01:32 AM
Anybody got info on the next stock at da vine I was planning s trip out there ???

jhernandez25
11-17-2015, 08:15 AM
I Would like to know also, I have seen people still catch from their Original opening day stock though but just interested to know when they will be stocking again.

olfishergal
11-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Me thinks Irvine is no more.......banners gone, employees laid off, I would think all would be gone by the end of the month. Good Bye Irvine, had many a good time fishing, camping, boating etc., will miss you.

JAG107
11-17-2015, 05:30 PM
They're still open AFAIK. If you fish it, they will stock. I know there's plenty of people that fish from shore regardless of there being boating available or not.
They usually stock weekly, but not til later like wed-th-fri, and awesome dude VineVideos usually will post up a vid of the stock.

Number1topgun
11-17-2015, 06:50 PM
They're probably stocking twice a month. They stocked earlier this month my guess is they will probably do it this upcoming Thursday.

Limit Time
11-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Me thinks Irvine is no more.......banners gone, employees laid off, I would think all would be gone by the end of the month. Good Bye Irvine, had many a good time fishing, camping, boating etc., will miss you.

What happened to the Irvine Banner? Is it really the sign that the Lake will close soon? :Crying:

dj-nextone
11-18-2015, 05:32 AM
What happened to the Irvine Banner? Is it really the sign that the Lake will close soon? :Crying:

I hope they aren't closing I have read and heard some things but I not sure what to believe ?????😕😕😕😕😕

Yme
11-18-2015, 04:37 PM
I know what you mean DJ. I took my minis there this past weekend, and caught 3 on pb at the lagoon. Others didn't fare to well. I couldn't help to hear that a event that went on over the weekend resulted in only a handful of bows on the main lake. Ugh. Oh well that's fishing. What I did hear is that the lake didn't even stock what they advertised. SMH!!! Only one's who know what's Really going to happen to the Vine is probably the "Lake Consultant " and possibly lake management. Imo. But it is what it is. Too bad the paying customers have to reap the actions of some. If you have little ones, take some pb to the lagoon and hopefully you'll connect with a few to make them smile.

boolves
11-18-2015, 11:26 PM
Hey fellas, I rarely post often, but the vine is something I always do around trout season.. A very close fraternity brother whose Relative is on the management board confirmed the upcoming closing of the lake... Hate to say it as it was my local go to spot... I guess low lake levels, boat accident and Insurance company getting super anal finally caught up.

Really sad to see it go, I guess my only other local option is santa ana riverbeds... but those have such ****** scenery.

Maybe we can hope for el nino to revive this bad boy before it gets axed.

dj-nextone
11-19-2015, 02:07 AM
Dam that sucks I hate to see it close �������� I have had so many great times there I wonder why they haven't announced it ???

etucker1959
11-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Hey fellas, I rarely post often, but the vine is something I always do around trout season.. A very close fraternity brother whose Relative is on the management board confirmed the upcoming closing of the lake... Hate to say it as it was my local go to spot... I guess low lake levels, boat accident and Insurance company getting super anal finally caught up.

Really sad to see it go, I guess my only other local option is santa ana riverbeds... but those have such ****** scenery.

Maybe we can hope for el nino to revive this bad boy before it gets axed.
As one of my dear friends on this board once said, business is all about profit!! "If there is no profit it's no fun!!!!!!"

boolves
11-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Yeah. I really hate to see this happen. I called up my buddy and was like... Hey man trout season is here. Let's hit the vine! And that's when he said it was cclosing down... I was very sad to hear it and in denial... I immediately came here and caught up on all the drama... Looks to be the real deal.

Irvine is a private Lake remember guys. It wouldn't take a genius to see with no more boats allowed, staff layoffs and stocking reductions means a sinking ship.

I always loved the scenery, and people. Gunna miss this place. I'm gunna try and get one llast hoorah for Thanksgiving

etucker1959
11-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Yeah. I really hate to see this happen. I called up my buddy and was like... Hey man trout season is here. Let's hit the vine! And that's when he said it was cclosing down... I was very sad to hear it and in denial... I immediately came here and caught up on all the drama... Looks to be the real deal.

Irvine is a private Lake remember guys. It wouldn't take a genius to see with no more boats allowed, staff layoffs and stocking reductions means a sinking ship.

I always loved the scenery, and people. Gunna miss this place. I'm gunna try and get one llast hoorah for Thanksgiving
We can all hope that a Phoenix bird will arrive from out of the ashes.

Yme
11-19-2015, 08:21 PM
They need something cuz all I've seen are mud hens out there. Lol. The pelicans and commorants aren't even there. Hence lack of trout. Just remember, they didn't stock what they advertised. And there hasn't been any new stockings. So now the word out there is that the Lake is making desperate attempts to try and get fish stocked there since they breached their contract with the hatchery they were supposed to be buying trout from. Doesn't matter how you slice it, it's a done deal. Imo. Sad thing

troutdog
11-19-2015, 10:44 PM
and I quote....

"great news for the holidays!
The next stocking of tailwalkers will be here in time for thanksgiving weekend!!
Make your camping reservations now for friday the 27th and saturday the 28th!!!"

See you at the lake!

TD

dj-nextone
11-20-2015, 04:43 AM
That's great news .... So will team 57 be hosting another event/tournament ??? I am willing to donate a Starbucks goodie bag to raffle off ,,,, I support the da vine and team 57������

troutdog
11-20-2015, 11:24 PM
That's great news .... So will team 57 be hosting another event/tournament ??? I am willing to donate a Starbucks goodie bag to raffle off ,,,, I support the da vine and team 57������

Let me talk to a few of the guys that are going out next weekend and see what we can put together! Thank you for supporting Irvine Lake and Team 57 :Thumbs Up:

Looking forward to meeting you at the lake, PM sent dj

TD

dj-nextone
11-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Hell yea sounds good TD I think this will be a epic weekend at the vine hopefully we can make this a great day of fishing

JAG107
11-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the update TD, it's good to hear some positive news about the Vine!

troutdog
11-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Hell yea sounds good TD I think this will be a epic weekend at the vine hopefully we can make this a great day of fishing

ALWAYS a great day of fishing, it's the catching part that's tough to predict! :Wink: We'll be in touch...

Thanks for the update TD, it's good to hear some positive news about the Vine!

No problem JAG. Definitely giving thanks for this good news, Team 57 remains in support of our home lake through thick and thin....regardless of the situation. Hope to see you out there.

TD

Dsrt Tortise
11-23-2015, 09:13 AM
Goodnight,Goodluck,Goodbye.

DsrtTortise

Hitts0n
12-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Its funny how some people lurk all day 24-7 and only post when its negative. Irvine lake still is getting fish and the lake has still 5-7 lines of cars waiting to get in every weekend.
Support Irvine lake along with all Southern California Lakes. Irvine lake isn't going anywhere!

muskyman
12-06-2015, 12:53 PM
The day they allow boats back on that lake the bite on bass and cats will be epic. Think about it, no pressure for all this time..........man it will totally be worth a trip out there. Someone will get a triple digit catfish !

Limit Time
12-09-2015, 04:51 PM
They're just not putting enough fish in there. I know the revenue is down which begins the ugly spiral of less stockings, less fishermen, less income. Just collecting monies from entry passes might not be enough to sustain their business. I am sure the loss revenue due to boat rentals, pontoons, float tubers, private boats is killing them. 2 stocks since their opener is a dangerous precedent and the attendant in the booth had no idea when the next one would be. Poor Roger of Roger's cafe has to drive around and take orders because his restaurant is not getting enough business. There were a lot of unhappy fishermen out there today with a lot of skunks going on besides a few bass and one catfish. I opened the lake and left at 11 am and saw only one trout being pulled in as I was leaving. Maybe the bite picked up but I doubt it. Laguna Niguel lake had the same thing happen to them a few years ago and the place turned into a ghost town. I pray this doesn't happen to Irvine because it such a beautiful get-away from the city. It is so upsetting that we all have to suffer because of the lawsuit from some irresponsible fishermen. That includes those blood-sucking lawyers who stretched out litigation so the Insurance companies had to settle. Sad days ahead for sure. Good luck Irvine!

JAG107
12-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Well they can always count on the (I'm sure) significant number of casual anglers that don't keep up with the lake's current events or status. There are lots of people that show up, have no idea what they're doing, how to rig their poles, how to cast, what bait works, or even what they're fishing for. Many times I've seen (and helped) people who just come a couple times a year to spend the day outside and maybe catch something, but just go to get out of the house. They don't fish often enough to warrant buying a license (there was a big fluff about the state wanting to require licenses even at pay lakes a few years ago and the lake operators claimed that a large chunk of their customers were casual,non-license holding anglers). This may help the lake out a lot, at least for a couple years anyway. I think losing ALL boats now, not just the private ones, will be a really tough challenge to overcome. Lots of people who have no clue how to fish, let alone operate a motorboat, will be denied the opportunity to spend $75-150 to drive around aimlessly and cut off my trolling lures, and that's good money for the lake when you rent out 25-50 of those tin cans 3 days a week!!
Honestly, how many people who want to fish actually do the research online for stocking information before going out, 25, 50%? SARL used to be really good about getting the word out and hyping their stocking program, but the Vine has usually been relatively quiet about it, except maybe for the opener. I could be wrong though, but a lot of us in the forum community don't really see outside the bubble here. Where else do you see ads for Irvine besides Fred Hall or maybe a special seminar at your local tackle shop?
And not having fish doesn't make much difference over having lots of fish and none of them biting, which was the case for a LOT of people for the first few weeks of last season. Can't blame the lake for crappy (for trout fishing) weather.
Hopefully they can weather the storm, I really do love this lake.

dixoncider
12-11-2015, 06:26 AM
I can't wait...!!!!!!!!!!!

the day they allow boats back on that lake the bite on bass and cats will be epic. Think about it, no pressure for all this time..........man it will totally be worth a trip out there. Someone will get a triple digit catfish !