PDA

View Full Version : Perris lake shore fishing 11/9,11/14 & 11/16

brohamslice
11-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Hey guys, new to the forums here, only place I could actually find recent updates about the fishing on perris. I'm fairly new to the fishing sport, but both my grandfather and uncle were and are very skilled anglers, so it's gotta be in the blood right? ...not so fast pork chop.

Went out for the very first time by myself fishing in my 29 years of existence on Nov. 9th. tried out both points flanking the boat launch. Walked up to lot 12 and still nothing. Started out tossing night crawlers with no luck, tried a shad swimbait...snagged, roboworms on a drop shot...not even the earth wanted to touch these. So I threw out a bobber...then the wind backed. The 9th sucked. 7mph winds from the SE, temp was a bit nippy.

11/14 I got the skunk off my back. She was a beauty to behold47266

All 8 inches of her...the fish. Yay me. Got it on the shad you see in its face. Just off the point north of the launch. Thanks to whoever was on the bass boat cheering me on! 12 hours on the lake, tried sail, but got nothin although a boat about 30yds out picked up a real nice PB in the mid morning. Saw a few shad on the shore moving slow. That was it, not another hit. Only weeds...leagues of weeds.

11/16 thought I would go with the Mrs today for some revenge on the little turd who initiated me. Started again off the points at the launch. Winds sucked. 15-18mph. And kept reversing. Cold, and according to someones incessant reminders of how cold it was declared it cold. Threw out everything in the box except the spinners, frogs and the rod itself. Nothing. Although I'm finding the Texas rig to be quite forgiving. After getting blasted by gusts, dirt, a piece of plastic bag, and a misdirected sneeze, I packed it up.

I'm gonna go do some yardwork...and cry for awhile.

Hoot951
11-17-2015, 05:33 AM
I haven't had much luck the last handful of times I went just a few dinks here and there. Im gonna try this afternoon they are suppose to plant some trout sometime this week maybe that will kick the bass bite into gear.

brohamslice
11-17-2015, 10:43 AM
I haven't had much luck the last handful of times I went just a few dinks here and there. Im gonna try this afternoon they are suppose to plant some trout sometime this week maybe that will kick the bass bite into gear.

Yeah its has been brutal lately. I thought with the low pressure moving in it would help, but nada. Anyways, good luck out there! Let me know how you do!

Skinny
11-17-2015, 11:53 AM
The action has been pretty brutal lately. A lot of fish are deep or suspending over deep water right now so its hard to get to them from shore. It should improve with trout plants but hang in there. In the spring fishing from shore is pretty darn good at Perris.

HuskerRod
11-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Hey gang,,are they indeed planting trout at Perris this year????

Skinny
11-17-2015, 12:56 PM

The last time I went the Parks guy who banded my boat said they were but didnt have a timetable so take it for what its worth. I certainly hope so.

brohamslice
11-17-2015, 02:52 PM

Dfg website says the trout plant was on sunday. I haven't confirmed it though.

twin22s
11-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Dfg website says the trout plant was on sunday. I haven't confirmed it though.

The date on the website is Sunday "week of the plant", usual goes in Wednesday or Thursday following, FYI.

ichthus
11-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Nice report B-Slice! Way to go out there and get after it! Keep it up and the fish will come. Really enjoyed your writing style!

brohamslice
11-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Nice report B-Slice! Way to go out there and get after it! Keep it up and the fish will come. Really enjoyed your writing style!

Haha thanks man, wasn't sure if I was gonna get torched for my style and info, but I'm glad to see some are enjoying it!

Gonna give it a week for the moon phase. Plus my arms are tired lol. Thinking about trying DVL as its the same distance for me. Might even rent a boat. Just have to see how it goes. I'm seriously thinking about trading the mustang and getting myself a truck and small tracker boat.

brohamslice
11-17-2015, 04:45 PM
The action has been pretty brutal lately. A lot of fish are deep or suspending over deep water right now so its hard to get to them from shore. It should improve with trout plants but hang in there. In the spring fishing from shore is pretty darn good at Perris.

Hey skinny, does the bass heat up around shore right after a trout plant? I hate being that new guy...

Durdy Daug
11-17-2015, 05:59 PM
I plan on getting out there the Thanksgiving week, possibly even thanksgiving day. Have a tracker 195 with room for 1 I often go solo as my buddies are usually working. I too am fairly new to freshwater fishing and also new to the site. I often offer a lone shore or Marina angler to join me on my boat. Fished the shores 30 years ago for cat and trout. The past 20 years ocean only. Had to do a few changes in my lifestyle, and started back on fresh water. Mostly targeting LMB and stripped bass. I can't drink any alcohol anymore so that is a real major change. If you want to join me just let me know. I also have a second bass boat that the wife is hounding me to sell.

Skinny
11-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Once the trout plants start so usually does the swimbait bite. Dont know if you are into that but its really a good way to catch a huge bass. There are tons of youtube videos on swim baits to help you out. But in general it should get better once the weather stabalizes a bit. Winter is probably my favorite time to catch bass cuz i usually have the pick of spots cuz most people do other things when its cold.

Hoot951
11-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Hey guys they planted trout today around noon. I got to the gate just in time to see the trout truck leave. I barely saw any fish swimming around I heard it was 400lbs then someone else said it was more like 200lbs. I grinded away and got my limit by 3:30 I was one of the few who got a limit. I'll be back tomorrow to chuck some swimbaits. Hope to see some of you guys out there.

brohamslice
11-17-2015, 10:31 PM
I plan on getting out there the Thanksgiving week, possibly even thanksgiving day. Have a tracker 195 with room for 1 I often go solo as my buddies are usually working. I too am fairly new to freshwater fishing and also new to the site. I often offer a lone shore or Marina angler to join me on my boat. Fished the shores 30 years ago for cat and trout. The past 20 years ocean only. Had to do a few changes in my lifestyle, and started back on fresh water. Mostly targeting LMB and stripped bass. I can't drink any alcohol anymore so that is a real major change. If you want to join me just let me know. I also have a second bass boat that the wife is hounding me to sell.

That is way cool of you daug! That's a fisherman right there. Tip of the hat to ya for that! I will pm you next week when I figure out what day I'm going and see if you are there. I'd inquire on the boat, but I don't think my mustang can tow anything bigger than a radio flyer!

brohamslice
11-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Once the trout plants start so usually does the swimbait bite. Dont know if you are into that but its really a good way to catch a huge bass. There are tons of youtube videos on swim baits to help you out. But in general it should get better once the weather stabalizes a bit. Winter is probably my favorite time to catch bass cuz i usually have the pick of spots cuz most people do other things when its cold.

Oh cool! Yeah I like the swimmers when they don't get snagged on everything.il keep that in mind! Thanks for the info!

brohamslice
11-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Hey guys they planted trout today around noon. I got to the gate just in time to see the trout truck leave. I barely saw any fish swimming around I heard it was 400lbs then someone else said it was more like 200lbs. I grinded away and got my limit by 3:30 I was one of the few who got a limit. I'll be back tomorrow to chuck some swimbaits. Hope to see some of you guys out there.

Great job hoot! How was the winds today? Glad you got your limit! Shore or boat?

Hoot951
11-18-2015, 02:31 AM
Great job hoot! How was the winds today? Glad you got your limit! Shore or boat?

It was your average 3-4mph wind and we were fishing from shore.