PDA

View Full Version : Dad and Brad Trip for 2015

GullFisher
11-05-2015, 09:18 AM
I haven't posted in a while, so forgive my rusty approach. My Son and I decided late Friday afternoon to head up 395 to June Lake and Boulder Lodge. We left Fullerton at +- 6:30 p.m. After a stop in Adelanto for some dinner we finally arrived at Boulder Lodge at close to 1:00 a.m. hit the sack very tired.

Awoke at 6:30 and headed straight for our "spot" on shore at Silver lake. Son caught a 13" rainbow for only action of the early morning. I, of course was skunked... Headed to Tiger bar for some breakfast and coffee! Finished and went back to room for morning constitutional. Then off to Gull to the mini pier on backside. Stayed there for close to 4 hours and enjoyed some action, cool breezes and relaxation. Harvested 3 total fish for dinner. Nothing big, nice 1# +- rainbows. Didn't see much action anywhere else on the lake.

After dinner we ventured to what used to be Grant Lake... Wow, how sad. Looks like Grant Pond now. Wind came up white caps on lake, no luck. Did enjoy a great cigar and solitude while there. Went back to room sacked-out.

Got up Sunday early and went to Rush Creek for nothing but beauty. Tried Silver again for no luck. Decided to head down the hill at roughly 10:30 +- . Stopped at Convict for lots of wind and no luck. We decided that we weren't don yet so we thought of trying Rock Creek Lake. So glad we did... Lake to ourselves, minimal wind, lots of good action on 12" to 14" rainbows. Maybe found a new "best spot". Used lures, power bait and fly & bubble. All worked reasonable well. I think the beauty and quiet also contributed to the overall great experience. Saw some bear scat also...

P.S.
Does anybody know if Boulder Lodge changed hands in the last 4-5 years? Wasn't like it used to be... Going to try Fern Creek Lodge for next trip.

Tight Lines,
Gullfisher

sandtrout
11-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the report! What days were you up there?

GullFisher
11-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Left Friday 10/30/15 came home Sunday 11/1/15

I haven't posted in a while, so forgive my rusty approach. My Son and I decided late Friday afternoon to head up 395 to June Lake and Boulder Lodge. We left Fullerton at +- 6:30 p.m. After a stop in Adelanto for some dinner we finally arrived at Boulder Lodge at close to 1:00 a.m. hit the sack very tired.

Awoke at 6:30 and headed straight for our "spot" on shore at Silver lake. Son caught a 13" rainbow for only action of the early morning. I, of course was skunked... Headed to Tiger bar for some breakfast and coffee! Finished and went back to room for morning constitutional. Then off to Gull to the mini pier on backside. Stayed there for close to 4 hours and enjoyed some action, cool breezes and relaxation. Harvested 3 total fish for dinner. Nothing big, nice 1# +- rainbows. Didn't see much action anywhere else on the lake.

After dinner we ventured to what used to be Grant Lake... Wow, how sad. Looks like Grant Pond now. Wind came up white caps on lake, no luck. Did enjoy a great cigar and solitude while there. Went back to room sacked-out.

Got up Sunday early and went to Rush Creek for nothing but beauty. Tried Silver again for no luck. Decided to head down the hill at roughly 10:30 +- . Stopped at Convict for lots of wind and no luck. We decided that we weren't don yet so we thought of trying Rock Creek Lake. So glad we did... Lake to ourselves, minimal wind, lots of good action on 12" to 14" rainbows. Maybe found a new "best spot". Used lures, power bait and fly & bubble. All worked reasonable well. I think the beauty and quiet also contributed to the overall great experience. Saw some bear scat also...

P.S.
Does anybody know if Boulder Lodge changed hands in the last 4-5 years? Wasn't like it used to be... Going to try Fern Creek Lodge for next trip.

Tight Lines,
Gullfisher