PDA

View Full Version : 10/30 no fun

P.A.W.
10-30-2015, 04:39 PM
First the water is up maybe 1 foot. Temp was 72.6 in the morning warming to 73.8 by afternoon. Inlet was almost still water. Slow, slow, slow on all species all morning. I was just about to bow to the skunk until I saw a good bait ball on the way back to the marina. I circled back around, dropped my rig and had one on almost immediately. Went back and got short bit again. Then went to another trolling lane and again got hit right away. Neither bite lasted very long but at least I found something. Too bad it took until almost 1:00.

Askwhy
10-31-2015, 03:07 AM
First the water is up maybe 1 foot. Temp was 72.6 in the morning warming to 73.8 by afternoon. Inlet was almost still water. Slow, slow, slow on all species all morning. I was just about to bow to the skunk until I saw a good bait ball on the way back to the marina. I circled back around, dropped my rig and had one on almost immediately. Went back and got short bit again. Then went to another trolling lane and again got hit right away. Neither bite lasted very long but at least I found something. Too bad it took until almost 1:00.

At least you didn't go home smelling like skunk.

TroutOnly
10-31-2015, 07:46 AM
,,,,,,,,,,that's why its called fishing pat.................

P.A.W.
10-31-2015, 08:10 AM
Ya Bob. I'm sure the clear skies and big moon had 'em feeding all night. By noon they were ready to eat again. Bet the evening bite was good.

Ian
10-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Ya Bob. I'm sure the clear skies and big moon had 'em feeding all night. By noon they were ready to eat again. Bet the evening bite was good.

Thanks for the report!

Kojak5150
11-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Are the bait fish gone yet?

P.A.W.
11-01-2015, 05:25 PM
I made one trip back in the east end and found dense schools of LMB fry. Not so much of the silversides. I've heard of small shad being spotted, but I haven't seen them myself. I am seeing some bait schools in big water, mostly around the 35 foot range near the bottom. I'll be there Monday and see if the approaching front changes things.

Ian
11-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Odd how the shad may not make it to the surface this season. A boil-less fall season at Skinner :(

DarkShadow
11-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Odd how the shad may not make it to the surface this season. A boil-less fall season at Skinner :(

From a biological standpoint, that would sound weird.

So, no spawn this year?

Kwin, answers!

P.A.W.
11-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Let's not rush into anything. We are just a bit behind schedule is all. We had a long hot summer and water temps are staying higher than usual. However with the current weather getting cooler the water temps have dropped by 2 degrees in just the last few days and I expect another few degree drop as the nights cool down too. I am sure the shad spawned this year and they will be showing soon enough. I was there today and the water has risen at least 2 feet and maybe as much as 4. Add to that the fact that the weeds have almost gone from the east end and it's starting to look like normal Skinner fall conditions.

DarkShadow
11-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I dunno, I just like Kwin's answers.

seal
11-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Let's not rush into anything. We are just a bit behind schedule is all. We had a long hot summer and water temps are staying higher than usual. However with the current weather getting cooler the water temps have dropped by 2 degrees in just the last few days and I expect another few degree drop as the nights cool down too. I am sure the shad spawned this year and they will be showing soon enough. I was there today and the water has risen at least 2 feet and maybe as much as 4. Add to that the fact that the weeds have almost gone from the east end and it's starting to look like normal Skinner fall conditions.

A more than likely accurate explanation.

kwin
11-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Didn't see any shad in my electrofishing survey, but that isn't totally un-normal. Did see lots of silversides.

ddoskocil
11-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the updates Pat...I'll let you know when I can start making it out there...soon.