PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catching?

Boda11
10-28-2015, 12:32 AM
This whole month has been tough. The end of Sept I did pretty good but as soon as Oct came around they just stopped biting. Just a few dinks here and there. There is baitfish everywhere though. Is it possible that the bass are over fed? I was out there today and just got one small one on a top water in the morning. I saw Brent Ehrler out there today though. I wonder how he did.

gcopple
10-28-2015, 02:11 PM
i caught 3 fish 2 weekends ago. 1 was 6, 2 were about 3. it was a timing thing when i went. i know it doesn't help but if you are in the right place at the right time, they are there. i caught 1 deep and the others shallower and missed about 4 fish on blow ups but didn't hook up with them or they came loose.

http://i68.tinypic.com/e715b8.jpg

whoops, sideways pic. fish was stuffed full of shad, went 5.15 on the xtools digital scale. i would have to say that 1 1/2 lbs was shad, lol.

Pete Marino
10-29-2015, 07:18 AM
the bite slowed about 8-9 days ago but is slowly getting better... The fall to winter transition is one the bass don't like to make so sometimes it takes longer to adjust to for them because the sudden drop in water temp. That is what affected them again this year.. the water temp dropped about 6-8 degrees when the last storm passed... it kinda put those bass into shock.. I mean it got brutal tough... but the stable temps since then has them and the water temps on the rebound... Those Florida strain bass don't like a sudden big change...

Word of caution though about reports here from now till April.... Don't expect to see a lot of good reports here for a while, at least not a lot of accurate ones because the tournament season starts next week...which brings out all the guys that like to prefish on the computer instead of actually going out and doing work... haha..

Nothing beats some good old fashion time on the water, I say.. but a lot of Guys rather tap the keyboard and find out the bite.... This year as far as I and a few of my friends are concerned, if guys come to the report section to try to get on a bite like they have the last 5-6 years they will be disappointed..because they aren't gonna get much useful info..