PDA

View Full Version : Trout and tubing at Santa Fe Dam or Puddingstone?

fishslayer01
10-22-2015, 10:27 AM
So with the lack of options for local tubing this Winter I was looking at both of these locations as possible alternatives but I'm not sure that either will be worth the time or money.

I've read that its $10 bucks to enter either park and another $7 bucks to launch a float tube, is this correct and is it worth it?

Anybody know how many pounds of trout get stocked each time?

Seems like Santa Fe would be the better option as they don't allow motor boats but if it only gets the same amount of fish that a smaller park lake gets it would be a waste of time.

Thanks

dday07
10-22-2015, 11:09 AM
So with the lack of options for local tubing this Winter I was looking at both of these locations as possible alternatives but I'm not sure that either will be worth the time or money.

I've read that its $10 bucks to enter either park and another $7 bucks to launch a float tube, is this correct and is it worth it?

Anybody know how many pounds of trout get stocked each time?

Seems like Santa Fe would be the better option as they don't allow motor boats but if it only gets the same amount of fish that a smaller park lake gets it would be a waste of time.

Thanks
If going for trout...Pudd hasn't been stocked in about 2 yrs. from contamination issues..not sure if cleared for this year

fishslayer01
10-22-2015, 05:53 PM
good info, thanks!

manuel149
10-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Few bucks more and wait for SARL, I believe it's the only local float tube lake. Those DFG fish aren't worth it, if it wasn't for salt water I wouldn't even bother buying a license.

BALLERONBUDGET
10-23-2015, 12:46 AM
They allow electric troller at Santa Fe. Stock is good when they do get but run off to deep areas and hard to find since its huge lake. Decent bass and cats there aswell