PDA

View Full Version : Huskerrod Gets Beat Down 10-17

HuskerRod
10-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Got back out to Perris after a long sabbatical. Was real rusty, but had a self proclaimed "bass pro" fishing buddy with me. I figured with him I'd knock the rust off quicker. Hit the usual spots east end, west end dam, trench, tire reef, etc.,etc. Even tried the moss islands in the east end. Only got a dink bass and gill for our troubles. Found the moss islands in the east end interesting. We tried to fish over them with frogs and the like, and even fished the edges for one dink. Anybody done any damage back in the slop? Made for interesting trolling with the weed life so thick. A push stick would have been nice and maybe some heavy duty punch rigs. Seemed like real fishy territory, but gave up very few fish...ugh.

Thanks for reading gang,

huskerrod

DarkShadow
10-19-2015, 02:52 PM
At least you didn't get arrested for fishing after hours.

Gotta look at the bright side.

(And fishing wise, I've only done well in the slop when underneath the slop is a good 5 to 10 feet of water. The slop that builds up in 2 feet of water? That's the type of water Slyvia Plath would stick her head into, if she were a bass...catch my drift?)

muskyman
10-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Hey Rod, from what I understand, the better snook and tarpon fishing is in the evening into the night out here. And no one to kick you off the water out here too :)

HuskerRod
10-19-2015, 07:30 PM
Of all the 1000s of guys on fnn i get responses from you two characters....lol. Im still smarting after that $280 ticket for fishing 15 minutes beyond closing...ugh. As for the tarpon and snook.....save a few for me....dave. Ill be retired in nine years or so and all the fishes ...species be damned....are on warning from sea to shining sea

Skinny
10-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Was out there today too, got it handed to me. Just two dinks on the spybait.

HuskerRod
10-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Was out there today too, got it handed to me. Just two dinks on the spybait.

Skinny..must just be a down time. Sure was nice out there saturday. Water temp was 76 degrees so it is dropping. Oh well..

gwurzel
10-20-2015, 07:39 PM
Was out there Monday, water was 75.4 degrees - dirty water too and theres me having left my spinner baits/buzz baits at home. Had fun trying a few things, but for the first time in a while, got skunked.