PDA

View Full Version : This is a hold up...

Edgar
10-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Had one of the scariest experiences of my life today , Me and a buddy of mine decided to fish for bats tonight at the channel islands harbor(the victoria side). We got there around 6-6:30, the day started off pretty good with a few bass a small bat ... It all happened so fast can't really put it into words . So about 10:00 pm everthing changed . For some reason i had this sudden urge to turn and look in back of me , i turned around , 2 masked men in hoodies ... it was almost unreal, one with a gun pointed directly in my face , the other trying to get behind my friend ... the one with the gun starts poking me with it to turn my headlamp off , i had no choice, the other one with the knife took my buddy's flash light and had him pinned on the little wall in front of us searching him for anything... The one with the gun was in push and tug mode with me , he was vigorously searching for anything valuable, in that time i made my mind i would give him something and tell him its all i have, i handed him the only paper money i had in my wallet and begged he didn't take my wallet for all the doc's(it turned out to be the only 100$ bill i had). They ran away right after they both got "something". The Police department was horrible to deal with btw, i got transferred about 7 times in about 12 minutes before i got to the right person and she sent officers my way. Just a heads up guys , these guys have been doing this many places many times , exact same description of my story has happened a few times apparently. The officer said it had stopped a few months ago, but they have started receiving calls about it again. ARMED robbery ...
I hope nobody ever goes through what i went through today ... Super hardcore

Tight lines,
Edgar

vdisney
10-13-2015, 07:14 AM
Damnnnnn Edgar, glad you're okay brother........................Verne

anchor3n1
10-13-2015, 07:37 AM
i am so sorry Edgar. You guys did the right thing by giving them what they wanted. I am glad you are OK my friend.

Nick

DEVOREFLYER
10-13-2015, 07:48 AM
That is exactly why I always conceal carried when out fishing at night or rough places. There is a California Penal Code law that allows anglers to carry a gun while fishing and while hiking to and from their angling site. California Penal Code, section 12025 prohibits carrying concealed firearms in California, however, section 12027 provides the following exemption to this prohibition: “Licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing expedition.” Remember that some areas that allow fishing, such as state and national parks, and some inc. areas where fishing is allowed prohibit the possession of any firearm. Make sure to check on the local laws where you plan to fish.

shinbob
10-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Holy crap, that's scary!

Can you say exactly where you were? Not trying to poach your spot, but my family spends a lot of time in CIH and it would be good to know where this happened.

Edgar
10-13-2015, 07:57 AM
That is exactly why I always conceal carried when out fishing at night or rough places. There is a California Penal Code law that allows anglers to carry a gun while fishing and while hiking to and from their angling site. California Penal Code, section 12025 prohibits carrying concealed firearms in California, however, section 12027 provides the following exemption to this prohibition: “Licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing expedition.” Remember that some areas that allow fishing, such as state and national parks, and some inc. areas where fishing is allowed prohibit the possession of any firearm. Make sure to check on the local laws where you plan to fish.

Thanx for the heads up Devoreflyer, that is good to know, i might have to look into it even though i hate dealing with weapons...

Edgar
10-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Holy crap, that's scary!

Can you say exactly where you were? Not trying to poach your spot, but my family spends a lot of time in CIH and it would be good to know where this happened.

Mr shinbob I wouldnt feel safe taking my family there SPECIALLY at NIGHT! These misfits are looking for anyone isolated that might have "something" valuable...

yakfish51
10-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Glad your ok Edgar!

Tim

Skunkbuster50
10-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Edgar I am glad your okay I can't believe this happened while fishing. My son Spottie read this morning before I took him to school. I think he is bit freaked out about it because we do a lot of fishing at night. What a horrible thing to happen to someone. We are glad that you guys are okay.

Edgar
10-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Edgar I am glad your okay I can't believe this happened while fishing. My son Spottie read this morning before I took him to school. I think he is bit freaked out about it because we do a lot of fishing at night. What a horrible thing to happen to someone. We are glad that you guys are okay.

Hey there Mr Skunkbuster50, it was nice meeting you guys at HG7! Yeah , I'm freaked out myself, never ever would i have thought about getting robbed while fishing...

surffishingsean
10-13-2015, 11:37 AM
First things first glad you are okay. That is super intense. It happened to my older bro and bestfriend about 5 years ago and they were shook up for awhile. They were walking home and they just came up and took what they had. What a bunch of low lives.

CrownTown
10-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Crazy, not something we usually think about when night fishing. glad to hear you are okay though

TUNAVIC
10-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Man that's pretty intense,sorry you guys had to experience that,money can be replaced,glad you guys are alright,I totally understand someone wanting to be armed in that situation and it's definitely their right to do so,but I also can't help to think if you had been armed someone might have ended up dead,and unfortunately it usually the innocent person,again it's each person decision,again glad you guys are ok,sad state of affairs now adays.

Cya Tuna Vic

DarkShadow
10-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Damn savages in this town. :-\ You did the right thing tho. Your life is not worth your goods, regardless of what the NRA tries to tell you.

I totally understand someone wanting to be armed in that situation and it's definitely their right to do so,but I also can't help to think if you had been armed someone might have ended up dead...

Glad there is still some common sense around, and not the old Young Guns who think that gun play is like an adulterated version of Wild Gunman. I love the, "Oh man if I were around and I had my piece, I woulda,..." folks. Something tells me they wouldn't even know where to find their piece after the urine stains went down the leg of their pants, and if they did, they'd start shootin' up the scene and nailing plenty of innocent bystanders in the name of 'freedom.'

Silly rabbits.

Wingnut
10-13-2015, 06:50 PM
That just pisses me off... as you can tell by my text this morning. :Evil:
Glad that you guys are okay though.
Things can always be replaced, because they are just things...

parkermann2
10-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Glad you're ok Edgar, and these guys are right. Good thing the bad guy got away and won Because everytime someone pulls out a gun in self defense they pull the trigger. Just like DS said if you had a gun you would have shot innocent bystanders

DockRat
10-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Scary, good reason to leave your wallet in the car (hidden) and carry $20 bill.
Sad to hear about your encounter.
DR

GhettoBasster
10-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Very glad to hear no one was harmed. I've seen where situations like yours ended up in the coroner's office. It's really depressing that a few scumbags ruin the world for everyone. Thanks for the heads up letting us know that we need to be watching each others backs when possible.

coors
10-14-2015, 09:36 AM
just don't be misled by the penal codes that were mentioned. in a nutshell it means if have an open carry on your way to
your fishing hole and you put a jacket on (making it concealed) you would still be legal (if you unloaded it). but since 2012
open carry in cali is a big no no unless you're in area that allows shooting. when i was growing up we always had a special
in the tackle box but those days are long gone, now law abiders are at a big disadvantage. but that's change for ya, and now
the beaches are closed at 10pm for our safety. go get your ccw...

Fishingdachronarch201E7
10-14-2015, 11:57 AM
wow, that sucks Edgar, glad to hear nothing happened to you and your bud.....cant even fish in peace these days, hope they get caught ASAP!!!

Tony G

Lightline
10-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Glad your OK and no one innocent was harmed.

Its to sad but the truth is this kind of stuff happens everyday. More then we think. Probably more are not reported. Many of these criminals are repeat offenders. Our criminal justice system doesn't really fix anything. It's like an in and out revolving door, free food, free tv, free gym, free medical care while the tax payers (middle class) pays.

Not even safe to go fishing at night in fear getting robbed or attack is depriving an indivual of their freedom.

youronecastshort
10-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Haven't You guys learned anything over the last seven years. We are not being policaly correct here we are not to blame the dirtball robbers for this crime it has got to be the guns fault. These guys must have obviously had a background check to obtain there wepon.

stoned-trout
11-09-2015, 07:34 AM
if anyone tried that **** on me it wouldn't go well...and I could use some free chum for the sharks...I am glad you didn't get hurt and I hope those scumbags get what they deserve..to run into someone like me...save the taxpayers some money...

Kilo818
12-26-2015, 12:37 AM
I fish there a lot at night haven't came across anything like that and I guess they have been lucky i am a concealed carry permit holder but I have noticed this place is going down the drain there have been a lot of weird people lately. I'm glad your ok like mentioned in one of the comments that you may conceal carry while fishing I recommend you do that because you don't know if the scum bag is drugged out or what and what he may do.

Viejo
12-26-2015, 08:55 AM
just don't be misled by the penal codes that were mentioned. in a nutshell it means if have an open carry on your way to
your fishing hole and you put a jacket on (making it concealed) you would still be legal (if you unloaded it). but since 2012
open carry in cali is a big no no unless you're in area that allows shooting. when i was growing up we always had a special
in the tackle box but those days are long gone, now law abiders are at a big disadvantage. but that's change for ya, and now
the beaches are closed at 10pm for our safety. go get your ccw...

The original poster was correct. You are correct. You can carry a loaded, concealed weapon (key word is concealed) weapon on California as long as you are a licensed CA fisherman. You may carry it to and from and while fishing. Once you get back to the car...it must be placed in a locked container away from the passenger compartment. Open carry of loaded or unloaded weapons (of any kind) in public is always illegal. Sadly, getting your CCW is easy or difficult depending on what city or county you live in. Some areas, like LA County or City....pretty much impossible.