PDA

View Full Version : Lnl

Number1topgun
10-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Has anyone been recently to Laguna Niguel Lake? I want to go this week. Any advice, tips or fishing reports??

Number1topgun
10-14-2015, 06:52 AM
I guess Ill add on to this instead of making a separate thread. I keep reading that the management at laguna niguel is bad. I tried going to there website but it looks like they havnt paid the bill for it... I can just imagine how great this lake could be with a good management team behind it.

etucker1959
10-14-2015, 07:40 AM
I guess Ill add on to this instead of making a separate thread. I keep reading that the management at laguna niguel is bad. I tried going to there website but it looks like they havnt paid the bill for it... I can just imagine how great this lake could be with a good management team behind it.
They should get their chance this year!!! Money was always an issue with them, if it rained and nobody showed up. They sometimes would feel that was a good excuse not to stock fish that week. Well things should be very different this year!!!! With Corona Lake being closed, SARL didn't get drained and now Irvine doesn't allow boats or Float tubes. They should get BANK!!!!! If they don't do well and keep their customers very happy. There is no hope for them!!!!

etucker1959
10-14-2015, 12:01 PM
As a big consumer of all 4 of the pay lakes over the years. They really are no better or no worse then the rest of them!!!!!! Recently as of the last 3 years they are MY lake of choice!!!!!!

Number1topgun
10-14-2015, 12:53 PM
As a big consumer of all 4 of the pay lakes over the years. They really are no better or no worse then the rest of them!!!!!! Recently as of the last 3 years they are MY lake of choice!!!!!!

Well ill be there later this week. Im excited to see what the lake has to offer. If its good I may invest in a float tube just for the pay lakes.

Marley
10-14-2015, 01:12 PM
LNL has always been the sixpack trip in a sea of cattleboats, it just depends on which deckhand shows up for the run. Beautiful little gem of a lake in an upper-echelon park setting with too many behind the scenes distractions. A nice place to spend a morning on the water nonetheless.

etucker1959
10-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Well ill be there later this week. Im excited to see what the lake has to offer. If its good I may invest in a float tube just for the pay lakes.
This time of year the fishing is probably the toughest. During trout season it's great and the Bass fishing in the spring is off the hook!!!!! I can tell you based on the 25 trips I've done in that lake, go buy the float tube!!!! You won't regret it!!!! Look for my fishing reports in about a month. lol

jhernandez25
10-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Say it is not sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

seal
10-14-2015, 02:12 PM
And another one bites the dust.

Number1topgun
10-14-2015, 02:13 PM
Say it is not sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Wow... I was really excited for friday too. This blows.

jhernandez25
10-14-2015, 02:15 PM
yeah its crazy, I started fishing Last year to help with my PTSD after my 3 deployment over seas and now all the lakes are slowly closing :-(

johnnyraptor
10-14-2015, 02:29 PM
That sucks!!!

goodguy
10-14-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm curious who got the new lease... I know the managment at SARL/Corona were bidding the last time the lease was possibly up. I'm hoping whomever it is, doesn't let this lake go to waste...

Number1topgun
10-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for bass fishing near Orange County? If anything ill probably go to Irvine Lake and shore fish...

goodguy
10-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for bass fishing near Orange County? If anything ill probably go to Irvine Lake and shore fish...

I would imagine LNL is still open for fishing as it's near impossible to close. It's just not going to be run by the same folks is all. Bass aren't going to be affected imediately. It's the stocked species like trout that'll take the hit right away.

Number1topgun
10-14-2015, 02:46 PM
I would imagine LNL is still open for fishing as it's near impossible to close. It's just not going to be run by the same folks is all. Bass aren't going to be affected imediately. It's the stocked species like trout that'll take the hit right away.

Well I read on the facebook comments the Ocparks district is taking over for now. I emailed Ron to see if they will still be open and offering boat rentals, however trout season will suck with the tiny DFG trout.

goodguy
10-14-2015, 02:56 PM
The lake fishes ok from shore even if they're not renting boats. good luck, where ever you end up!

Number1topgun
10-14-2015, 03:02 PM
"Laguna Niguel lake will open for trout season around the third week of November, depending on the cooler weather. Fishing will only be from the shore at this time. All boats will be removed. There will be no daily fishing permit. However, fishermen need to obtain a state fishing license at the local sporting goods store."

etucker1959
10-15-2015, 08:08 AM
I'm curious who got the new lease... I know the managment at SARL/Corona were bidding the last time the lease was possibly up. I'm hoping whomever it is, doesn't let this lake go to waste...
Maybe they should trade leases around???? The Irvine lake people should take over LNL and Irvine lake get's a new Management team to run the place. My logic is this, "the new management team at Irvine will promise to do things totally different to get insurance for boating." It might work, the old management team at Irvine looks pretty dead in the water!!!!!!

goodguy
10-15-2015, 08:28 AM
"Laguna Niguel lake will open for trout season around the third week of November, depending on the cooler weather. Fishing will only be from the shore at this time. All boats will be removed. There will be no daily fishing permit. However, fishermen need to obtain a state fishing license at the local sporting goods store."

Great info! Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to one of my favorite little lakes! I wonder if they'll eventually open it up to float tubes... I need to take mine out!

etucker1959
10-15-2015, 09:17 AM
I really thought about it and in the long run we SHOULD have nothing to worry about. They probably will open the lease up to someone else. Why????? Money of course!!!! They not only lost the lease fee on the lake, think of all the parking money they will lose!!!!! Once someone adds all that up, "they should get a new concessionaire." After all, "it is Orange County!!!!!!" lol

Side not, if someone like the SARL people get it. "They will have a catfish season!!!!"

Number1topgun
10-15-2015, 02:11 PM
"As for bidding for the concession, OC Parks will be issuing an RFI, Request For Information very soon which will be followed up with an RFP, Request For Proposal."

etucker1959
10-15-2015, 05:43 PM
"As for bidding for the concession, OC Parks will be issuing an RFI, Request For Information very soon which will be followed up with an RFP, Request For Proposal."
Hmm you sound very well informed!!!!! lol

Bassnut
10-15-2015, 06:35 PM
I took my tube out there last Sunday I did pretty good on the bass they are up in the weeds close to the shoreline. I was reading there FB page and it says u can still tube the lake until the end of the month, I will definitely be there this Saturday

Number1topgun
10-16-2015, 06:05 AM
Hmm you sound very well informed!!!!! lol

I emailed oc parks and asked what was up. Now Laguna Niguel is catch and KEEP everything including bass. Owner is saying he paid for every fish in the lake... Doesnt seem right to me but hopefully people will have the common sense to catch and release so that we can fish it in the future. Oh well, for now its going to be Irvine Lake. Cant be picky when the only other good lakes are over a hour away.

Bassnut
10-16-2015, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Number1topgun;771625]I emailed oc parks and asked what was up. Now Laguna Niguel is catch and KEEP everything including bass. Owner is saying he paid for every fish in the lake... Doesnt seem right to me but hopefully people will have the common sense to catch and release so that we can fish it in the future. Oh well, for now its going to be Irvine Lake. Cant be picky when the only other good lakes are

U know how far the common sense thing will go . Does anyone know if they allow tube fishing after the month is up ?

Marley
10-16-2015, 12:38 PM
I emailed oc parks and asked what was up. Now Laguna Niguel is catch and KEEP everything including bass. Owner is saying he paid for every fish in the lake... Doesnt seem right to me but hopefully people will have the common sense to catch and release so that we can fish it in the future. Oh well, for now its going to be Irvine Lake. Cant be picky when the only other good lakes are over a hour away.

The vast majority of folks who will fish there during this time won't know how to catch the fish in the lake so no mass killing will take place, probably more like a decent culling that will benefit the fishery.
I hope the good folks at SARL get a shot at the concession.

goodguy
10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
The vast majority of folks who will fish there during this time won't know how to catch the fish in the lake so no mass killing will take place, probably more like a decent culling that will benefit the fishery.
I hope the good folks at SARL get a shot at the concession.

I know they were up for the running last time the lease was up and lost out. Maybe this time they'll get it. They really need to get someone in there otherwise this once great fishery will be just like every other park lake in OC...

Marley
10-16-2015, 01:43 PM
I know they were up for the running last time the lease was up and lost out. Maybe this time they'll get it. They really need to get someone in there otherwise this once great fishery will be just like every other park lake in OC...

Maybe it's time for me to retire and go fishing every day...

etucker1959
10-16-2015, 01:44 PM
I think someone good will get in there. Think about it for a minute, with Irvine lake having all their problems with no boating and float tubing. The majority of the Orange County Trout float tubers will gravitate towards LNL, if for no other reason then lack of opportunity else where. So the new concessionaire SHOULD make money as soon as they get in there!!!!!!

goodguy
10-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Maybe it's time for me to retire and go fishing every day...

If I had ANY $ to make this happen, I'd do it in a second!

goodguy
10-16-2015, 02:39 PM
I think someone good will get in there. Think about it for a minute, with Irvine lake having all their problems with no boating and float tubing. The majority of the Orange County Trout float tubers will gravitate towards LNL, if for no other reason then lack of opportunity else where. So the new concessionaire SHOULD make money as soon as they get in there!!!!!!

I think so too!

Limit Time
10-20-2015, 09:43 AM
They most likely won't have a new concessionaire this trout season. It is a long drawn out process that won't be complete until next season. Until then the DFW will be in charge of the stockings. :Crying::Rolls Eyes: That equates to "dink trout" and a smaller quantity of fish put in. OC parks says that they will supplement what DFW puts in but not quite sure what that means. If they add more from DFW, it probably means a few more dink trout added. From past experiences, if you don't fish a few days after the stockings your chances of catching fish are slim. Either because they will be caught by fishermen or slaughtered by the cormorants. They are not slated to put in trout until late December or January. Sad times this year at LNL, I will miss the good ole' days. I hope Irvine stays a float because the only other alternative will be concrete lake -AKA SA River Lakes. The only positive about LNL; you can fish free with a Fishing license.

goodguy
10-20-2015, 11:25 AM
until then the dfw will be in charge of the stockings. :crying::rolls eyes: That equates to "dink trout" and a smaller quantity of fish put in. Oc parks says that they will supplement what dfw puts in but not quite sure what that means. If they add more from dfw, it probably means a few more dink trout added. From past experiences, if you don't fish a few days after the stockings your chances of catching fish are slim. Either because they will be caught by fishermen or slaughtered by the cormorants. .

bass food!

Limit Time
10-20-2015, 12:44 PM
bass food!

Bass food is spot on!:LOL::LOL:

georgia_brown
10-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Their last day was today. I was last person with boat on lake. So what's up tomorrow? Bucket brigade illegals gonna show up and start taking everything home to stock their ghetto backyard kiddie pool aquariums? Can anyone just legally fish there with a license now?

fishingboysdad
10-25-2015, 09:36 PM
im pretty sure "illegals" are not the only ones in ur so called "bucket brigade"...could have just said "bucket brigade" cuz im pretty sure its not just illegals

goodguy
10-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Can anyone just legally fish there with a license now?

Yes, it is a county regional park lake now. Just like Yorba Regional, etc. Until they get a new manager...

Bwood
10-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Fished on 10/25. Was just going to go check the status with the kids and walk around, but Rick made us a good deal… grabbed some worms/bobbers, fishing was great for Kids, lots of gills, small ones, perfect “bucket” size.

With mixed emotions, I am glad I now have a close pond to takes kids too for almost free for now. The lake is big enough to support some take and eat. Probably help the fishery in the long run and I would think that most of the warm water fish are protected due to the wall of tules surrounding most of the lake.

DaFish
11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Sad sad no sales for Outcast and other tube co.s from the oc tubers.

Fishingdachronarch201E7
11-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Hey Dafish.....they had Outcast sale their.....or just curious what do you mean...i wish i would of known...

Thanks

Tony G

twin22s
11-18-2015, 05:07 PM
I might check it out this weekend, can't decide if i want to do that or fish Dana Harbor, either way There will be a fishing report coming saturday night.

jiggaman
11-23-2015, 10:31 PM
They are stocking tail walkers tomorrow ... Idk if a new concession bought it but on the tail walker Facebook page it says they will be taking trout there as well as yorba regional and carbon county tomorrow

etucker1959
11-24-2015, 06:56 AM
They are stocking tail walkers tomorrow ... Idk if a new concession bought it but on the tail walker Facebook page it says they will be taking trout there as well as yorba regional and carbon county tomorrow
Who ever wrote that Facebook page, most be smoking the good stuff!!!! We all know that LNL is not getting any, but to say Carbon Canyon is getting some, this is the part where the THC kicks in. "I never heard of Trout ever being stocked in there!!!!" Let alone Tail Walkers!!!!!

Number1topgun
11-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Who ever wrote that Facebook page, most be smoking the good stuff!!!! We all know that LNL is not getting any, but to say Carbon Canyon is getting some, this is the part where the THC kicks in. "I never heard of Trout ever being stocked in there!!!!" Let alone Tail Walkers!!!!!"Get ready Southern California! There are a whole bunch of Tailwalkers headed your way!
The following Orange County lakes will be getting Tailwalkers next week: Carbon Canyon Regional Park, Yorba Regional Park and Laguna Niguel Lake.
In addition, we will deliver our beautiful Tailwalkers to Dixon Lake, Mountain Lakes Resort and to the Jess Ranch Fish Hatchery."

etucker1959
11-24-2015, 08:40 AM
"Get ready Southern California! There are a whole bunch of Tailwalkers headed your way!
The following Orange County lakes will be getting Tailwalkers next week: Carbon Canyon Regional Park, Yorba Regional Park and Laguna Niguel Lake.
In addition, we will deliver our beautiful Tailwalkers to Dixon Lake, Mountain Lakes Resort and to the Jess Ranch Fish Hatchery."
If it's true, I will write a full report about how they bit at Carbon Canyon lake!!!!! lol

twin22s
11-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Interesting, I guess with private lakes buying less DFW and local park Offices got a sweet deal on some nicer fish. now how big and how much are going in, that is the question....