PDA

View Full Version : IRS scam phone calls

old pudd fisher
09-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Just been getting them the past few days telling me that I am being sued by the IRS and to call us right away. What a bunch of bull Shiit. Do people actually fall for that crap. Have you ever got a call like that, hell I should be suing the IRS for all that I have paid them. Over $ 4,000 last year on my retirement income. And I don't even work anymore.:Angry:

JHDucky
09-30-2015, 09:13 PM
I get them also, and yes I have heard on the news people do fall for it. I get so many telemarketer calls I bought a phone that I can block 200 numbers. Now when I add a number to the phone it is one ring and the phone hangs up.

jaggerbub
09-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Yup, got one last week with a thick middle eastern accent. I like the part where he says if I don't call back, then all he can do is wish me good luck. Lol. Then this week, I got one with a robot voice saying pretty much the same thing with a 301 area code #. I googled it just for fun and everyone says it's a scam. If you call them and ask for their attorney, they will hang up on you. I kinda wish I would be home when they call. I'd tell them that my long lost uncle from Nigeria is in the process of sending me a $200,000 check, and as soon as I cash it, I'll send him whatever he needs. :) I can't believe people fall for this crap!

Ssortasober
10-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Yep the IRS doesn't make phone calls, it's always a letter, last time they called I said hold on and let me get my checkbook, set the phone down and took the dog for a walk. I wonder how long he waited for me to come back? Scams regarding phone calls with people saying they're from the FBI, I thought don't they come to your door? They do in the movies

DarkShadow
10-01-2015, 09:07 AM
I'd tell them that my long lost uncle from Nigeria is in the process of sending me a $200,000 check, and as soon as I cash it, I'll send him whatever he needs. :)

Wait, you have a lost uncle from Nigeria who is in the process of sending you money as well?!?!

What a small world.

jaggerbub
10-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Lol Darkshadow

marc626
12-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Yep. The government will never contact you. No BS.