PDA

View Full Version : 9/30 summer drags on

P.A.W.
09-30-2015, 05:45 PM
Well guys, I wish I had some telling news about new patterns and activity buuuut. Water is still at 80* and went down a foot or two in the last few days. The window of opportunity at my favorite morning striper spot has narrowed too. I hit 6 or 7 but after a 20 minute session they abruptly quit. 20 minutes isn't much to work with. Largemouth are still really tough as well. Crank baits are producing miniature bass with bad attitudes. Crazy how hard a 6 or 7 inch LMB can hit a KVD crank. Maybe the coming cooling trend will help along with a waning moon. I sure hope so cuz this is getting old.

TroutOnly
09-30-2015, 08:42 PM
........hang in there pat ,things are getting ready to change...........

Ian
10-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Well guys, I wish I had some telling news about new patterns and activity buuuut. Water is still at 80* and went down a foot or two in the last few days. The window of opportunity at my favorite morning striper spot has narrowed too. I hit 6 or 7 but after a 20 minute session they abruptly quit. 20 minutes isn't much to work with. Largemouth are still really tough as well. Crank baits are producing miniature bass with bad attitudes. Crazy how hard a 6 or 7 inch LMB can hit a KVD crank. Maybe the coming cooling trend will help along with a waning moon. I sure hope so cuz this is getting old.

Thanks for the report!

P.A.W.
10-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Well, more of exactly the same today (Friday). Stuck a fat pig 4 pounder trolling deep. And as a side note the warden told me he busted some shore guys with a bunch of LMB shorts in possession. That and no license. Ouch! Just the license ticket alone would hurt but 10 shorts? What's that $200 a fish? Poachers. I will never feel sorry for them. Looking forward to how the coming storm front will shake things up. Tight lines guys.

BannedJr
10-04-2015, 07:23 PM

I was out a couple of Saturdays ago. Engine didn't want to run, looks to be a bad accelerator pump in the carb. Fished around the launch ramp until I could get it started. A few boils on the micro fry. 3/4" stuff that looks like feeder guppies. After the boat was started, trolled for a couple hours not a nudge, fished on some deeper stuff with a spoon, not a bump. No surface action in the morning, they are locked on that micro stuff and want nothing to do with our 3-5" offerings. Bait everywhere, balls of it on the surface and down deep. Lots of bluegill and bass fry as well. The typical 8-10 5" LMBs following in on every cast. Water Temp 81. Lake was scarily empty for a Saturday. Good to be out, but in the end caught my first skunk there in over 5 years and a carburetor rebuild.. :)