PDA

View Full Version : No reports ... nobody going fishing?

billy b
09-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Seems like there aren't many reports ... except maybe TO

etucker1959
09-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Seems like there aren't may reports ... except maybe TO

Ok you convinced me, "I'll write one tonight!!!!!" lol

jmurillo74
10-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Headed up 395 October 8.... I'll check in when we get back...

billy b
10-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Headed up 395 October 8.... I'll check in when we get back...

Where you fizhun and where ya stayin?

jmurillo74
10-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Where you fizhun and where ya stayin?

Staying in Mammoth, fishing from PVR up to Lee Vining. Hope to be there early Thursday, coming home Sunday. Has DFG stocked lately?

fishing_addict
10-05-2015, 10:59 AM
In the process of planning a trip... somewhere between Lone Pine and PVR... will report soon.

DarkShadow
10-05-2015, 02:49 PM
With water temps and conditions hammering our Sierras, I'm surprised reports are even being written.

etucker1959
10-05-2015, 03:01 PM
With water temps and conditions hammering our Sierras, I'm surprised reports are even being written.
I'm surprised anybody writes a trout report about anything but a pay lake!!!! Remember what happened last year???????? lol

DarkShadow
10-05-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm surprised anybody writes a trout report about anything but a pay lake!!!! Remember what happened last year???????? lol

Hmm...can safely answer "no" to that question, please enlighten those who don't fish for trout where a golf cart can also feed us beer while our PowerBait™ is soaking to what happened last year.

etucker1959
10-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Hmm...can safely answer "no" to that question, please enlighten those who don't fish for trout where a golf cart can also feed us beer while our PowerBait™ is soaking to what happened last year.
Let me get on my soap box now!!!!!! Seal get the Peto Bismo ready!!!! I love FNN, it taught me a lot about how the human brain works. Also what will people say, "if there isn't any obvious barriers to free speech." Let me explain my logic. When people write a fish report here on FNN, the audience feels they have the right, no make that an obligation to read every word the OP wrote and critique and criticism every thing they may disagree with in the OP fish report!!!! For example, should the OP even been fishing those waters. (let alone write a report on it) Did the OP release his fish to the standards that the audience prefers. Did the OP use the proper bait or lures etc. Well can you guess what a lot of OP'S do after this criticisms comes in, they say "NEVER AGAIN WILL I WRITE A REPORT FOR FNN!!!!" To make matters worse there is a lot of Trout Nazis on here, "WAITING TO POUNCE ON ANYONE WRITING A TROUT REPORT!!!!" Other then a pay lake. I won't embarrass the guy who wrote the report last November about his fishing trip to the High Sierras by his report name, but it was pretty bad!!!!

TroutOnly
10-05-2015, 04:27 PM
...........post a report with nothing but pics one time...........I have...........i'll be going up north soon billy ,you know I always put up a report if I fish .............

DarkShadow
10-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Let me get on my soap box now!!!!!! Seal get the Peto Bismo ready!!!! I love FNN, it taught me a lot about how the human brain works. Also what will people say, "if there isn't any obvious barriers to free speech." Let me explain my logic. When people write a fish report here on FNN, the audience feels they have the right, no make that an obligation to read every word the OP wrote and critique and criticism every thing they may disagree with in the OP fish report!!!! For example, should the OP even been fishing those waters. (let alone write a report on it) Did the OP release his fish to the standards that the audience prefers. Did the OP use the proper bait or lures etc. Well can you guess what a lot of OP'S do after this criticisms comes in, they say "NEVER AGAIN WILL I WRITE A REPORT FOR FNN!!!!" To make matters worse there is a lot of Trout Nazis on here, "WAITING TO POUNCE ON ANYONE WRITING A TROUT REPORT!!!!" Other then a pay lake. I won't embarrass the guy who wrote the report last November about his fishing trip to the High Sierras by his report name, but it was pretty bad!!!!

Yeah, you are correct.

I sure miss those days when people reporting that they were using PowerBait™ and treble hooks, and at the same time, claiming they were safely catching and releasing trout and nobody questioning that.

Or the dudes stomping all over redds during the fall, taking pictures with fish with their fingers through their gills all the while claiming they were safely releasing them and people accepting that as kosher.

Damn those trout nazis who ruined all that fun. :-|

etucker1959
10-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Yeah, you are correct.

I sure miss those days when people reporting that they were using PowerBait™ and treble hooks, and at the same time, claiming they were safely catching and releasing trout and nobody questioning that.

Or the dudes stomping all over redds during the fall, taking pictures with fish with their fingers through their gills all the while claiming they were safely releasing them and people accepting that as kosher.

Damn those trout nazis who ruined all that fun. :-|
What you are saying is true in some cases!!!! Yet the nice gentlemen who does the videos does none of THAT!!! Yet he is still barbecued just as much, as the guys who do all the things you mentioned!!!!

DarkShadow
10-05-2015, 06:41 PM
What you are saying is true in some cases!!!! Yet the nice gentlemen who does the videos does none of THAT!!! Yet he is still barbecued just as much, as the guys who do all the things you mentioned!!!!

The one who said "don't fish here because you'll stress the fish but let me advertise AND watch me catch those same fish?"

etucker1959
10-05-2015, 07:10 PM
The one who said "don't fish here because you'll stress the fish but let me advertise AND watch me catch those same fish?"
I think you misquoted him!!! I'll write exactly what he said, "Probably my last trout trip until the cold weather comes back in the fall." Don't want to stress these guy's out if it's really hot out. (end of quote) This thread got 3,000 views which is 3 times the average. So some people were interested in seeing this Video!!!!

billy b
10-06-2015, 09:19 AM
...........post a report with nothing but pics one time...........i have...........i'll be going up north soon billy ,you know i always put up a report if i fish .............

true that. Your reports are not only the best in quality but are the most envied? U da man

ygm

TroutOnly
10-06-2015, 04:21 PM
.........billy youre pm box is full ,you need to empty some of it so I can send you some messages.........

billy b
10-06-2015, 06:25 PM
.........billy youre pm box is full ,you need to empty some of it so I can send you some messages.........

Sorry ... just did

Thanks MUCH

luckyfish
10-06-2015, 06:47 PM
I will be hitting up PVR this month... will definitely report!
-Jason

simijab
10-07-2015, 04:55 PM

lololol I'm assuming you are talking about my post from last fall. I'm not worried about people talking trash. In fact Ill be up there again about the same time of year. Ill do the same keep a couple fish and let the rest go. these Fish Nazis you are talking about just saw the pictures of the fish I kept and acted like I wiped out an entire population. don't worry Ill post pics of my trip. The Fish Nazis can suck it hahaha. I've been fishing the sierras for 30 years. I've seen some f'd up stuff. People should be happy to see me around versus most other people fishing that area.

pitman
10-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Heading up Friday morning for a few day I'll make sure to give a report. And Bob if you wana join me I provide the beer!...lol

TroutOnly
10-08-2015, 07:08 AM
..thank you for the offer pitman , but I will be working in fraizer park on fri.......but I do need to go up there.........soon..........

pitman
10-08-2015, 09:01 PM
..thank you for the offer pitman , but I will be working in fraizer park on fri.......but I do need to go up there.........soon..........

No worries Bob if you get a wild hair up the o'l ahole let me know ok. Praying for your mom...

Jon

jmurillo74
11-03-2015, 07:37 PM
here are some pictures from our annual fall trip October 8-11. PVR to Little Virgina