PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa Chica 9/24

battlefish
09-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Quick 30 minute Session
Fish Count- 16 inch Pancake (sorry no pic)
Used MS Anchovy LC with 20 lb. braid on 2500 Shimano sahara reel

Was in the Anaheim are for a meeting that ended at 6:30 p.m and decided that the 20 minute drive to Bolsa Chica was worth the drive to finally squeeze some fishing time in this area even if it was for a bit. I get to the sand and start tossing and immediately get attacked by salad, a couple more casts of the same and decide to move 50 yards west. In the second area its where things started to look :BFish: but still was having issues with more salad and time was running out (sunset) and thoughts of the famous :Skunk: started to sink in. Decided to move another 50 yards west and no salad :Dancing Banana: no strikes on my usual retreat so i decided to try different methods. As I'm trying a fast retrieve :Fishing Catch: talk about a quick 30 minute session boosting my confidence in other retrieving methods. Overall it was a good fishing session for me, a couple minutes later my girlfriend arrived to the beach and we enjoyed some Jack in the box on the beach.

anchor3n1
10-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Hi battlefish

Hey thank you for the cool report with all the twists and turns:EyePop: good job on making it out there !!!

By the way, if you haven't already, it would be great to see you this Saturday at Hunting Giants 7 (check out the sticky link at the top of this forum)

Take care buddy,

Nick

TUNAVIC
10-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Nice report,thanks for the nfo!

Cya Tuna Vic

Wingnut
10-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Nice short session... see you Saturday! :Big Grin:

bachiboy
10-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Nice short session. Glad you able to beat the stripe!

Don