PDA

View Full Version : New home gas can laws ?

old pudd fisher
09-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Got a new one at Home Depot today and what a hunk of crap it is with the no-spill spout. It is hard to use and leaks, it's going back to them. The old kind were better, maybe I can find a real gas can at a yard sale sometime. Here it is vs the old kind.47067 47068 47069 :Angry:

JHDucky
09-26-2015, 08:13 PM
We can thank the people that spilled gas on a hot engine, that caught fire and it was the fault of the gas can and the manufacturer of the gas can. Not the person that spilled the gas.

Dci4me
09-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Yeah, those things are a hunk of crap. I just started fueling the lawnmower with VP out of the race cans :LOL:

old pudd fisher
09-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Yeah, those things are a hunk of crap. I just started fueling the lawnmower with VP out of the race cans :LOL: I took the spout off because it didn't work and used a funnel to fill my mower.

TUNAVIC
09-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Yup, I'd say yard sale or swapmeet for a good old one,I'm still using one that's about 20yrs+ old.

Cya Tuna Vic

DMS
09-27-2015, 11:13 AM
I got one and can't seem to get it to work. I spill gas all over the place... Now I have to use a funnel, which makes it even harder to use. If I find an old one, I have to worry that it is contaminated with oil mixture or rust or water. The directions blow and it doesn't work right.

shinbob
09-27-2015, 11:19 AM
The one I got at Harbor Freight works beautifully. No leaks at all. Actually works better than my old gas can, which leaked all the time. The cap is a little fiddly, but for only $20 it was a great deal and I went and bought another one.

Marley
09-27-2015, 08:58 PM
The one I got at Harbor Freight works beautifully. No leaks at all. Actually works better than my old gas can, which leaked all the time. The cap is a little fiddly, but for only $20 it was a great deal and I went and bought another one.

THERE'S A SALE AT HARBOR FREIGHT!!!

I love Harbor Freight.

DockRat
09-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Picked up a galvanized dinner plate size x 20" funnel with a 1" small end opening. Then put 12" of clear hose on the small end. Drilled a hole by the lip and attach a bungee to it the the T top. I can Nascar stye dump 5 gallons of gas in the boat in less than 30 seconds. Screw those no spill safety nozzles.
DR

DockRat
09-29-2015, 08:21 AM
How come when I type Bako Boys in Facebook I get these Gayguys ? Wassup with that Cutbait ?

https://www.facebook.com/BareBakoBoys?fref=ts

shinbob
09-29-2015, 08:36 AM
THERE'S A SALE AT HARBOR FREIGHT!!!

I love Harbor Freight.

LOL, there's always a sale at harbor freight!

98% of the stuff there is cheap crap, but sometimes that's exactly what's called for. I keep their $5 (sometimes free) multimeter in the boat at all time to check my battery voltage on the water, and I'm not gonna freak out if it gets wet, I'll just buy a new one.

And my $17 reciprocating saw, which I bought for a single, very specific job, and wouldn't have minded if it died from all the dirt associated with that job, is still going strong years later.