PDA

View Full Version : Mile Square Park and Eisenhower Park Lake

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDREW
09-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Hello all!

If you've seen any of my posts, I mostly post in saltwater bay reports. This is in fact because when I was a kid, I started out fishing freshwater, and I was absolutely terrible at it! I've fished at Mile Square park on and off for about 10 years, and have caught nothing there (granted I didn't take fishing seriously at all). Last Friday (9/18/2015), with some tips from chowmein2go, I managed to hook up on 4 largemouth! My 2 friends got 2 each for a total of 8 that day. Not bad from my previous record of 0 . . .

Having my confidence boosted, I hit up Einsenhower Lake on Sunday (9/20/2015) and my friend and I managed to catch 1 each within 30 minutes (no pics here, phone was dead).

I think I will definitely hit up these parks much more often because I live much closer to them than I do the beach. Time to start a new chapter in my life!.

Cheers,

Andrew

Ssortasober
09-23-2015, 08:03 AM
I lived down the street from Eisenhower 15 years ago, my oldest boy caught his first fish there, taught him how to ride a bike there. Great memories there, they stock trout there in the winter, it gets fished out quickly after a couple of days. Catfish is ok at night. Good luck and bring your license I've been checked there

Nuoc Mam
09-23-2015, 08:51 AM
congrats on your outing at the parks. I actually live like 5 minutes from Mile Square and fish both lakes quite a bit. There are some really nice big bass in those lakes. Keep at it and you'll be rewarded.

I usually fish spinnerbaits, senko's and cranks there *cough cough* =0)

inthezone
09-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Nice catch...mile square park is where I learned how to fish...I used to fish there almost everyday when I lived across the street..good to see that there is bass there now...when I fish there 15 years ago, there was no bass at all. One time I caught a 3 ft silver arowana there. I still live close by but stop going because dfg stopped the fish stocking.

chowmein2go
09-24-2015, 03:26 AM
No problem bud. Like I told you, it's a great spot for some little bass. Anytime you have a questions, feel free to drop by the store or shoot me a pm.

Chao.

socal_rob
09-24-2015, 10:13 PM
mile square is my backyard pond, please practice catch & release due to a large quantity of bass over the years that has been kept, enjoy the fishing

HeyItzPetah
09-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Nice job on the catch. I used to fish mile square park all the time. Did you fish the small or big pond with the island?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDREW
10-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Nice job on the catch. I used to fish mile square park all the time. Did you fish the small or big pond with the island?

I fished the big pond with the island.