PDA

View Full Version : Skinner CAT late report

mizukry
09-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Hit up Skinner with a buddy to do some Striper fishing from shore. got to the lake at opening and hiked out to our spot. Started fishing around 6:20. Saw some boils near the marina, but fishing was dead, dead!!! Not a bite for the whole morning... But we stuck it out. Around 2:00 my buddy gets a hard bite. After a few minutes he landed a 5-6 ld cat. Cool! no skunk. After that, it was a steady bite for the next 45 minutes on large cats 10 lb +. We ended up with 4 fish (all released)...

NFCD I
09-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Nice Cats. It's a shame the Cat's in Skinner taste like mud or swamp grass. Does anyone know how to prepare them so they're eatable. I've tried bleeding them out before cleaning them and I've also gone the route of soaking them in salt and or milk.

FishinMishin
09-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Dam! That is some big cat's, well done

elbowlayer
09-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Nice Cats. It's a shame the Cat's in Skinner taste like mud or swamp grass. Does anyone know how to prepare them so they're eatable. I've tried bleeding them out before cleaning them and I've also gone the route of soaking them in salt and or milk.

My wife soaks it in butter milk for like 30 min or an hour, then we bread it and deep-fry it. The butter milk takes alot of that taste out.