PDA

View Full Version : Perris is busting loose ...

Pete Marino
09-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Guys the bite at Perris is getting REALLY Good..... I mean the bite is starting to explode .... The bite has been good lately and has been getting even better as the water slowly cools.... Its all about reaction baits right now guys... Put your plastics down and wind something.... They are so dang aggressive right now.. If you want a guide trip CALL ME...DONT MISS OUT..... Topwater, and other reaction baits... Lets go fishing!!!!!

Also check me out on Facebook @ Pete Marino Fishing

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService.com

Cell (909) 241-8283

Perris_holic
09-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks Pete I needed this info. I was just about to make a post asking how Perris was doing. Haven't been to Perris in months cause I've been chasing tuna. Is this the time for lipless cranks?

gwurzel
09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Thats what I was planning on throwing today - until I got called into work at 04:20 (had to unhook the boat too, bastages!!). Thanks for the update Pete.

Actually, the total plan was to fish a topwater, wake bait (dives 6inch or so), then a bait that dives to 3, then slightly deeper, then start covering deeper still if needed. Ah well, maybe next monday.

BassinPLS
09-22-2015, 06:28 AM
If Perris is "Busting Loose" it started only this week. I fished a small club tournmament there last weekend and it was totally tuff. Out of 10 boats, (20 anglers), there were only 11 fish boated and nothing of any size.

Here are the results:

Total Fish 11
Total fish dead 0
Total fish alive 11
Total weight all fish 26.81

I hope Pete is right, because it is long over due!

Pete Marino
09-22-2015, 09:09 AM
actually the bite has been great for over 2 month...... the problem is the weather affected the bite ALOT... It was weird...on the days that were cloudy the bite was tougher than normal... which is exactly opposite of how Perris normally is... Those Florida Strains realized they were Florida strains this Summer on the gloomy days... they were really affected by temp and barometer changes... And because of that one day would be stellar and the next brutally tough... then back to stellar..

Im fishing 4 solid schools of fish right now... All of the schools have huge numbers of bass... one of the schools in particular have mostly VERY SOLID bass ranging in side from 3lbs- 8 lbs..... the other schools have bass between 1 1/2 - 3 lbs... they are VERY schooled up right now and aren't traveling very far from the bait their on/.... The school of Big Bass on actually on huge 3-5 inch bait (threadfins) the other schools are on small threadfins and silversides...

It doesn't surprise me that the club struggled because of how up and down the bite has been... sounds like you guys caught it on an off day. That being said.... Even on the off days there are still fish to be caught on VERY SPECIFIC spots... The off days just weren't as stellar as the good days were..

Im pretty dialed in right now to say the least..

Pete

Stormcrow
09-22-2015, 03:18 PM
I've been slamming them over the past 45 days....just gotta know what you're doing this time of year.

Skinny
09-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Perris is busting loose if your name is Pete, lol! Cant wait to get out there on the new rig, been boatless for quite a bit now. Headed out friday. Ill post up how it goes. Planning on throwing topwater and bama rigs.

Pete Marino
09-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Youre exactly right Stormcrow....

What kind of boat did you get Skinny?

gwurzel
09-23-2015, 12:59 PM
.just gotta know what you're doing this time of year. - Thats me screwed then lol

Skinny, what new rig? Pics or it didnt happen

Skinny
09-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Youre exactly right Stormcrow....

What kind of boat did you get Skinny?

This might sound familiar to you, a Skeeter TZX200. Bought it from a guy you might know named Dan. Im gonna miss the aluminum in some situations tho. (new rig) new to me at least.

Pete Marino
09-23-2015, 04:44 PM
The Skeeter TZX 200 is a completely awesome boat and Motor... congrats!!!