PDA

View Full Version : You don't really fish do you?

Ssortasober
09-20-2015, 04:44 PM
28,550 members on this site, doesn't anybody fish anymore besides TO, Paw, and the Bako Boys? The most recent posts are on the general discussion board. This used to be a fishing website. Oh and thanks to those mentioned above. Rant over

etucker1959
09-20-2015, 06:42 PM
28,550 members on this site, doesn't anybody fish anymore besides TO, Paw, and the Bako Boys? The most recent posts are on the general discussion board. This used to be a fishing website. Oh and thanks to those mentioned above. Rant over
I didn't get an honorable mention!!!! Last week I picked the morning run of a half-day boat instead of the afternoon run (when the Yellowtail did bite) and I left my Mackerel pole at home the week before (I noticed this after I bought my ticket at the landing) and how soon they forget you!!!! lol (stupid Yellowtail bit that day too!!!) The problem with so many people on this website (I've said this many times before) they are afraid of saying too much about REAL FISHING for fear of burning spots!!!! My answer has always been, "Western Outdoor News burns more spots in 1 week, then a whole year of posts on FNN!!!!!!!!!!" RANT OVER!!!!!!!! lol

dpaulus9
09-20-2015, 09:00 PM
I didn't get an honorable mention!!!! Last week I picked the morning run of a half-day boat instead of the afternoon run (when the Yellowtail did bite) and I left my Mackerel pole at home the week before (I noticed this after I bought my ticket at the landing) and how soon they forget you!!!! lol (stupid Yellowtail bit that day too!!!) The problem with so many people on this website (I've said this many times before) they are afraid of saying too much about REAL FISHING for fear of burning spots!!!! My answer has always been, "Western Outdoor News burns more spots in 1 week, then a whole year of posts on FNN!!!!!!!!!!" RANK OVER!!!!!!!! lol

the problem with western outdoors is their reports are week or more old.

Ifishtoolittle
09-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Do you really want to know why people don't post as much? It's usually because after someone posts you'll have a couple hundred people look at the post, and if the poster is lucky he/she will get a "couple" of replies. I don't post very often because of that reason. Where's the interaction? There hasn't been much of a community feel on this forum for a while now.

Theos
09-21-2015, 12:20 AM

I do I've just been busy with church and work lately, someone has to pray for us.

Ssortasober
09-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Etucker you are right. You should have been mentioned along with the other guys. Theodore thanks, I could use all the help I can get

etucker1959
09-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Etucker you are right. You should have been mentioned along with the other guys. Theodore thanks, I could use all the help I can get
That's ok!!!! I really wanted to make the point that things are getting kinda on the quiet side around here. There is no reason for it, people fish and a lot and other people would love to hear about it. Right a report and everyone who likes to read them should dog pile on any one who try's to hate on it!!!!! lol

etucker1959
09-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Do you really want to know why people don't post as much? It's usually because after someone posts you'll have a couple hundred people look at the post, and if the poster is lucky he/she will get a "couple" of replies. I don't post very often because of that reason. Where's the interaction? There hasn't been much of a community feel on this forum for a while now.
You're making a good point. However, what I've noticed lately after I write a fish report is how many pm's I'm getting. I try to answer everyone one of them to the best of my ability. (I like getting them) I don't believe in secret spots or techniques. Speaking of techniques, my slip bobber rig for fishing for catfish in a park is so good. (You would swear it's alien technology!!!) I'd show this rig to anybody who asks!!! (as long as they don't do evil with it) lol You will be reading some catfish reports from me next month. The point I'm trying to make is this, "many people aren't as comfortable as they use to be around here in making comments or asking questions in a general forum setting any more!!!!"

jaggerbub
09-21-2015, 12:41 PM

Agreed... 100 views and no replies. So I don't bother posting anymore. Did a couple times just to see if things have changed, and they have not. Besides that, I can't seem to post pictures anymore off my photobucket account. Not sure why. I've asked on a couple of occasions, but no reply! Lol

Ifishtoolittle
09-21-2015, 01:22 PM
You're making a good point. However, what I've noticed lately after I write a fish report is how many pm's I'm getting. I try to answer everyone one of them to the best of my ability. (I like getting them) I don't believe in secret spots or techniques. Speaking of techniques, my slip bobber rig for fishing for catfish in a park is so good. (You would swear it's alien technology!!!) I'd show this rig to anybody who asks!!! (as long as they don't do evil with it) lol You will be reading some catfish reports from me next month. The point I'm trying to make is this, "many people aren't as comfortable as they use to be around here in making comments or asking questions in a general forum setting any more!!!!"

lol it's because you're one of the few guys that will still give truly detailed report and I applaud you for that.

Ifishtoolittle
09-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Agreed... 100 views and no replies. So I don't bother posting anymore. Did a couple times just to see if things have changed, and they have not. Besides that, I can't seem to post pictures anymore off my photobucket account. Not sure why. I've asked on a couple of occasions, but no reply! Lol

Are you copying the IMG link? Photobucket has been working fine for me.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
09-22-2015, 12:47 PM

this is 100% true

shinbob
09-22-2015, 02:29 PM

My observation is that there isn't one "community" per se, but instead a set of cliques (or crews). The OP named a few, I'd also add "SWAT" to the list. You're either in one of them, and you get the interaction, or you're not, and you don't.

Human nature, I guess, I can't blame groups of friends from wanting to interact with each other.

WARRIORMIKE
09-23-2015, 09:12 AM
I think the fishing reports are dead? I just may continue to be a lurker again. LOL

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af272/missani/Gif%20Images/peeper.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/missani/media/Gif%20Images/peeper.gif.html)http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af272/missani/Gif%20Images/peeper.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/missani/media/Gif%20Images/peeper.gif.html)

fly addict
09-23-2015, 01:41 PM
I was fishing last week, here is proof. Don't won't a bunch of poachers ruining my secret spot, hence the red background!
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/one2use/little%20fish_zpsvjpmmjqs.jpg (http://s305.photobucket.com/user/one2use/media/little%20fish_zpsvjpmmjqs.jpg.html)

DarkShadow
09-28-2015, 03:01 PM
I just spent 7 days in Yellowstone National Park.

I didn't black out my background because nobody is willing to drive 14 hours straight to catch a fish.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/2WyOiJ.jpg

There are 584,153 people in Wyoming.

There are 38,800,000 people in California.

See the difference?

etucker1959
09-28-2015, 03:21 PM
I just spent 7 days in Yellowstone National Park.

I didn't black out my background because nobody is willing to drive 14 hours straight to catch a fish.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/2WyOiJ.jpg

There are 584,153 people in Wyoming.

There are 38,800,000 people in California.

See the difference?

Sorry No!!!!!! We are only talking about FNN, what is the viewership on most fishing threads???? I'll tell you BECAUSE I write them and pay attention to how many people actually read them. Your lucky to get a 1,000 views, most are 300-800!!!!! What's the readership of Western Outdoor News?????? Thousands of times more then FNN with full Disclosure!!!!!!! If you want information in trying to plan a fishing trip, using FNN is pretty worthless!!!!!!! Unless the writer of the thread wants to disclose his secrets. (I do) But this is always done in a pm fashion!!!!! FNN exposes how the mind really works!!!! People just don't realize just how insignificant they really are EXCEPT in their own minds!!!!!! lol

DarkShadow
09-28-2015, 03:45 PM
People just don't realize just how insignificant they really are EXCEPT in their own minds!!!!!! lol

You don't say, Tucky, you don't say:

BECAUSE I write them and pay attention to how many people actually read them.

cutbait
09-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Everything has moved to facebook

Team 57

Bako boys

Xplicit

Fishaholics

List goes on and on on the Facebook fishing pages where you can control who sees what or who you choose to share with and eliminate interaction with know it all douche nozzles and their enablers

etucker1959
09-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Everything has moved to facebook

Team 57

Bako boys

Xplicit

Fishaholics

List goes on and on on the Facebook fishing pages where you can control who sees what or who you choose to share with and eliminate interaction with know it all douche nozzles and their enablers

If that's the case, "can we please get our Gladiatorial political fights going back in the GD section?????????" Since all the good people are now on Facebook, nobody should mind if we start maiming each other defending or attacking Donald Trump in the GD section!!!!

cutbait
09-28-2015, 06:11 PM
If that's the case, "can we please get our Gladiatorial political fights going back in the GD section?????????" Since all the good people are now on Facebook, nobody should mind if we start maiming each other defending or attacking Donald Trump in the GD section!!!!

That's one of the 2 reasons why FNN is dying

DarkShadow
09-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Team 57

Bako boys

Xplicit

Fishaholics

List goes on and on...

Oh man, now i need a name for my fishing crew.

This will provide weeks of entertainment.

cutbait
09-28-2015, 06:41 PM
Hey, you've helped drive FNN into the ground... why not?

The city dad, quagga, dark shadow facebook page !... should be easy to get three members

cutbait
09-28-2015, 07:03 PM
There isn't even a mention of team 57 anymore.

Wing nut and Webmaster have let you three deteriorate this board into a **** fest of hate.

Top it off with trout onlys bullshit antics and the quest for money, keep on posting your guys drivel and pretend your something special with your quips and clever gotchas....

FNN jumped the shark last year

trail blazer
09-28-2015, 07:10 PM
yup!

Cutbait, I Couldn't have said it better myself.

TRAIL BLAZER

DarkShadow
09-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Hey, you've helped drive FNN into the ground... why not?

You mean we were the first to question why you'd give up bites to people who had never spent time on the water?! Mission Accomplished! Thanks for the confirmation that what we set to accomplish worked!

citydad, quagga, dark shadow facebook page !... should be easy to get three members

Facebook? What's that?