PDA

View Full Version : No news. OK not much news

P.A.W.
09-19-2015, 10:31 AM
As of 9/18 the water is up a couple feet. The rock pile in the marina area is aaaalmost covered. Patterns remain pretty much the same. Lots of boils very early with really wary fish giving up a few bites here and there until the sun drives them down. Water temp is still around 80*. One of these days I'll break out some deep diving cranks and Carolinas to get away from the dink LMB and see what's up deeper. I have been able to find some schoolie stripers deep like 40 feet+ trolling. We'll see what goes after next week's storm passes.

Ian
09-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks man.

P.A.W.
09-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks man.
No Problem Ian. It just got so quiet around the forum I had to post up something.

TroutOnly
09-19-2015, 05:24 PM
man that waters too hot Patrick...........maybe the fall will bring it down some..........the pyramids rockin with 72 degree water and dropping temps..........

Fish Seeker
09-19-2015, 06:54 PM
I've been "trolling" this forum for awhile, just reading and trying to learn. I just moved to Temecula in March and only been able to get on the water a couple of times, so I haven't had anything to contribute.
I finally got out there on Thursday morning, hit the North shore throwing a suspending jerk bait - hooked a 4 lbr but farmed it at the boat - line snapped above the lure - hadn't retied in awhile - my BAD!

Started DS'n and trying to wade through the dinks. Big surprise when I was reeling in another 8" dink and about 30' from the boat a hog, at least 6 lbs, came charging up and grabbed the dink and took off screaming out to deeper water. I was only using 5lb test and didn't have the drag set too tight so she was stripping line! I clamped down to put some pressure on her, hoping that the little 1/0 hook in the dink's mouth might have got a piece of the big one, but as I put pressure on her she let go of the dink. It was a short thrill but woke me up! So maybe it's time to start chucking the bigger swimbaits?

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Thanks P.A.W. and all the regular contributors here, I've hopefully learned some things I can put to good use when I am able to get on the water.

Ken

P.A.W.
09-19-2015, 07:01 PM
man that waters too hot Patrick...........maybe the fall will bring it down some..........the pyramids rockin with 72 degree water and dropping temps..........

Yah, they're holding deep and cool. Both bait and Mr. stripey.

P.A.W.
09-21-2015, 02:34 PM
9/21 hit it early today. Found some feeding fish. Caught 12 by 7:15 then the sun came up again and it instantly shut down. Trolled around for a while and returned to the scene of the crime around 9:00 and got a few more. All caught on jerkbaits and topwaters. At 10:00 the wind came up really hard. I just got off the water. They ended up flagging it just as I was checking out. So the level is up a few more feet and temp holding at *80. A few of the fish I caught were spitting up LMB fry as they hit my deck.