PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Weather El-Nino ??

old pudd fisher
09-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Just saying that today here in Riverside it was in the 100's this afternoon, then a storm blew in and the temp dropped over 20 degrees in 45 minutes then it rained hard even with hail. I cant ever remember seeing frozen rain around here in September with a temp of well over 100 crazy stuff.46964

DarkShadow
09-10-2015, 08:56 AM
The moisture we're getting is from yet another hurricane that dissolved in the Pacific. The fact that there have been quite a few hurricanes in the Pacific this year could be due to El Niņo.

https://youtu.be/whsQbIwWjBo

Will it be 1997 all over again?

TUNAVIC
09-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Pretty crazy for sure opf,I got in my Yukon last nite at 9:00pm the mirror temp gauge said 95dgrs, now I know that's not totally accurate,but I also know it was truly very hot at that time,nice picture there!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nuoc Mam
09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Agree, crazy weather.

Left work at 3:00pm from Huntington Beach (clear skies and humid, 98degrees) to Garden Grove. Saw in distant, dark clouds then all of a sudden got super windy and then just start downpour for like 30 minutes.

Crazy weather = good fishing =0)

coors
09-10-2015, 03:46 PM
bad part is you notice how the warm water kills the kelp? been surf fishing several times this year and it
was unfishable due to all the salad washing up....

smokehound
09-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Warm water doesnt kill kelp, lol. urchins are the cause of that, they eat the holdfasts that anchor the kelp down, and they get dislodged and wash up.

We actually are headed for a strong el nino. You can go to NOAA and check on the status.. I'd say it's pretty strong. Those pelagic red crabs migrating up north into OC were a very strong indicator of an impending El Nino.

DockRat
09-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Warm water does affect kelp some.

The south swells ( Mexican hurricane remnants ) hitting the Lee side of the Channel Islands causes much kelp breaking off.

Anybody notice the lack of Red Tides this summer ?

Wednesday off LB at the Horseshoe was pretty cool. Jumped on the So Cal 1/2 day boat.
Love the Mexi hurricane residue conditions. 93 degrees at noon. made macs outside the LB gate. Then the wind came from PV direction, backed down. Then a 10 min squall came from the northeast. No rain. I tailgated on the Monte Carlo 1/2 day report for the fish report.