PDA

View Full Version : Senko vs. the Ned Rig

sumodnb
09-07-2015, 09:51 PM
I, like 99 percent of bass fisherman rely on the senko for those tough days when they won't bite anything else. Personally, I love that the senko produces, but it's not my favorite bait to throw. Recently I have been using the "Ned Rig" in situations where I would usually throw a senko and it has been beating the it nearly 2 to1. I now just keep the senkos around so I can bite them in half and use them when I run out of the TRD's for the Ned, which was originally just half a senko on a light jighead. I now keep the Ned tied on 100 percent of the time, If there are fish around I have complete confidence that they will bite it. When sight fishing it is almost too effective, right now I don't even feel challenged when I see a fish because I have yet to miss a bite on the Ned when I cast to a fish that I can see. Now I know there are some out there that are cursing at their screen because I'm letting the cat out of the bag, but think of it this way... the senko has been gettin em for almost 40 years and still gets em today.

AndyJ
09-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Hmm. I May try this Wednesday at Pyramid. Thanks

DarkShadow
09-14-2015, 02:32 PM
I like the EastLos rig myself.