PDA

View Full Version : hours of operation

coors
08-20-2015, 12:16 PM
anyone had an experience like this? was told to leave the local beach at 10pm (it was posted) i knew that
but i brought up that regulations show you cannot close the ocean to a licensed fisherman. i didn't want to get snotty and have the authorities involved so i left. maybe if i keep my feet in the water then i'm not
using the beach?

DarkShadow
08-20-2015, 02:16 PM
I know local beaches do close at a certain time.

Don't know where there are regulations in California that say licensed fishermen are absolved to beach nightly beach closures, but if you had those regulations handy, then nobody would call you snotty if you brought them up to authorities.

Every year I have to explain to some lucky home owner in the woods that I can fish the creek near their cabin even though the land is private, because I'm traversing through the high water mark. And every year, they yell at me, threaten to sick their dogs at me, threaten to call law enforcement, and I continue fishing without causing a scene.

Skyler
08-24-2015, 11:17 AM
I know local beaches do close at a certain time.

Don't know where there are regulations in California that say licensed fishermen are absolved to beach nightly beach closures, but if you had those regulations handy, then nobody would call you snotty if you brought them up to authorities.

Every year I have to explain to some lucky home owner in the woods that I can fish the creek near their cabin even though the land is private, because I'm traversing through the high water mark. And every year, they yell at me, threaten to sick their dogs at me, threaten to call law enforcement, and I continue fishing without causing a scene.

Section 25 of the state constitution sums it up.

DarkShadow
08-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Section 25 of the state constitution sums it up.

Why someone can't fish on a public beach after posted hours?

Or why I laugh when i get yelled at by the Weesha Club every Fall?

Theos
08-24-2015, 01:25 PM
http://ppjg.me/2013/08/24/right-to-fish-california-violating-its-own-constitution/

DarkShadow
08-24-2015, 02:14 PM
http://ppjg.me/2013/08/24/right-to-fish-california-violating-its-own-constitution/

Using this guy's mentality, MLPAs are illegal because it goes against Section 25 of the California Constitution!?!?

Why didn't I think of that!?

Skyler, I'm gonna go fish the MLPAs and catch a hawg. Since I have you on retainer, please be prepared to use the blog referenced above as evidence that Section 25 of the California Constitution allows me to fish any public water at any time, who cares what other legislation says.

Theos
08-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Using this guy's mentality, MLPAs are illegal because it goes against Section 25 of the California Constitution!?!?

Skyler, I'm gonna go fish the MLPAs and catch a hawg. Since I have you on retainer, please be prepared to use the blog referenced above as evidence that Section 25 of the California Constitution allows me to fish any public water at any time, who cares what other legislation says.

Just make sure you're "legal above all", often so called authorities depend on the public not knowing their rights.

Skyler
08-25-2015, 08:14 AM

Well, unfortunately article 25 lets the state set seasons and conditions of take. Leaves them an easy out as far as the MLPA's, as they are technically "temporary" closures (though we both know they'll never reopen). It's a good thing you have me on retainer. We don't need another Garabaldi incident...

coors
08-25-2015, 08:53 AM
i have to find a way to print that out and carry it with me......