PDA

View Full Version : 8/19 after the stoning....

P.A.W.
08-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Right at opening there was some surface activity over a pretty wide area. In front of the marina westward to maybe a third of the lake. No concentrated boils but here and there. Got a fat LMB on a boil and a couple stripers. The inlet area is still dead. I've been doing OK on deep trolling lately, but not today. Just more of the same pretty much. Oh, water is 83* and the same level. Not cleared up yet but after the bluestone it'll clear up fast I bet.

JAG107
08-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the report Pat! I wonder, have you kept any kind of log book detailing the conditions and success rate you've had? I bet since its Skinner the results would be all over the place, but on a long enough timeline it might show some patterns.
I'll be back out there once my Silverwood pass expires, or maybe sooner depending on the bite. Don't wanna worry about cross contaminating lakes with "quagga water" on a regular basis LOL.

P.A.W.
08-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I actually do have some records. And you are right, they're not dependable year-to-year, but there are some "confidence patterns" that emerge. Places marked on the chart and times of year when boils are a good bet etc. Looking forward to seeing you out there Joe. I remember the old days when you had the old tin can with a lawn chair tearing up the trout! BTW In case you missed the article, they are planning on stocking trout again in earnest come this October. After a few years without the BIG striper pattern may well change this year.

elbowlayer
08-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Nice, thanks for the report, I'm chomping at the it to get back out this Fri. 46868 from Monday when I saw you at the gate.

JAG107
08-19-2015, 05:45 PM
I actually do have some records. And you are right, they're not dependable year-to-year, but there are some "confidence patterns" that emerge. Places marked on the chart and times of year when boils are a good bet etc. Looking forward to seeing you out there Joe. I remember the old days when you had the old tin can with a lawn chair tearing up the trout! BTW In case you missed the article, they are planning on stocking trout again in earnest come this October. After a few years without the BIG striper pattern may well change this year.

LOL looks like I might be trolling a little lucky craft right next to a BIG one this fall!
Good lord I learned a lot in that tin can, but I'm happy its gone!

P.A.W.
08-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Nice, thanks for the report, I'm chomping at the it to get back out this Fri. 46868 from Monday when I saw you at the gate.

Elbowlayer, sorry I didn't say hi at the dock. I'm not used to seeing you there with a fishin' buddy so it just didn't connect with me. These foggy mornings are helping.... for now