PDA

View Full Version : Fishing rod transport

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDREW
08-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Hey guys,

I currently own a small sedan, and was wondering what is the best way to store or transport my fishing rods in my trunk?

DarkShadow
08-18-2015, 03:16 PM
Unless your back seats go down, then I suggest investing in 2 piece rods, which I never encourage anybody to do, unless it is necessary.

Skyler
08-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Unless your back seats go down, then I suggest investing in 2 piece rods, which I never encourage anybody to do, unless it is necessary.

Elitist scum...

DarkShadow
08-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Elitist scum...

Please!

It's not like I recommended the Sumo Rod Rack or anything.

If the OP would've said he had a truck, I would've told him what I tell most my friends, and that's "chuck that thing in the back and hope it gets to point B in one piece."

murrieta angler
08-18-2015, 04:50 PM
If you have a one piece, buy a cardboard container tube, anchor to the top of your roof, SECURELY, and insert rod.
Make sure to cover front end, towards front of car, with something secure as well.
Robert
<><

DockRat
08-18-2015, 09:22 PM
I took out my 2/3 rear seat in my 1996 VW Passat. I keep
3 rods in my car 24/7. 9' rod fits no problem.

Marley
08-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Don't put them in your trunk. Invest in a ski rack, a used one if funds are tight, and carry them on top.

jhernandez25
08-19-2015, 07:45 AM
Don't put them in your trunk. Invest in a ski rack, a used one if funds are tight, and carry them on top.

Ski Racks in my opinion have been the best option I recently bought a used ski rack off craigslist for 30 dollars only issue was that the person didnt have the key but thule makes replacement keys that can purchased off ebay for $5 but if your buying used ski racks make sure they are unlocked if they are lock its not worth it.

NFCD I
08-19-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure this will help, but I take rods on several trips a year all over the country. I made a rod box using a 4" PVC pipe. It's 6'6" long with caps on each end. I glued one end and ground down the opposite end to allow easy removal of the cap. I drilled holes in the removable cap and run a twist tie through it to keep it on during flights. This also allows the Feds to inspect the rods. I also have cloth sleeves for each rod to keep them from rattling around in the tube. This tube would travel on the roof of your car with a couple of towels and light rope.