PDA

View Full Version : Stealing from other Campers.

Harley51
08-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Arrived at Skinner Sunday to setup the boat and camp site. Heard the helicopter that afternoon. Lake closed on Monday due to the accident. Kicked back Monday. Hit the lake Tuesday morning. Arrived back at camp and was setting up and noticed there was something different about my canopy. After checking it out I noticed that the 12" nails were missing that hold down the canopy and who ever took them just covered the holes up with dirt. After looking around the only tent in the camp ground had arrived Monday night along with motor home and three camp sites of family's. I walked over to their site and asked if they saw anyone in my site because some things were missing. As I looked at their tent they had my nails. I said those are the things that are missing from my site. I turned and walked away and the man said wait I'll give them back to you and the maintance crew was in your site. Which was bull ****. I called the ranger but decided to not tell her who did it since I had three days left to go to avoid problems. On the way out I filed a formal theft complaint with the rangers. It's pretty bad when people are stupid enough to steal from you and put it out in plain site. You can't trust anyone today. I hope the rangers did something about this. It's not the point of something inexpensive but the point in stealing from others.

jaggerbub
08-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Looser for sure. I dislike thieves myself!

Theos
08-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Tweakers no doubt.

old pudd fisher
08-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Yeah I am done with camp sites, to many people gathered in one place. when I go camping I just want to enjoy nature and have it Quiet. Sorry to hear that.

P.A.W.
08-15-2015, 06:14 AM
I finally made it out Friday but didn't see you Harley. Here's a video that'll ring a bell.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoYErLLIbc

BassinPLS
08-15-2015, 07:00 AM
I finally made it out Friday but didn't see you Harley. Here's a video that'll ring a bell.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoYErLLIbc

That video is unbelievable! The woman has the nerve to assault the guy after he caught, (and video taped), them trying to steal his stuff on the beach! She needs to spend some time in the county jail with the other criminals.

Harley51
08-15-2015, 08:30 AM
PAW I left Thursday due to the heat that was coming. Pretty hot there on Friday. It was a good trip caught some big cats. I didn't say anything to the Rangers until I left just for that reason. There was to many people to tend with from their site. I filed a theft complaint with the rangers when I left.

P.A.W.
08-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Sorry we couldn't meet up this time. I stayed away due to slow fishing and heat. Finally Friday I couldn't stand it and hit the water. I was back in the marina around 9:30 though.