PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour Shore Fishing???

basstard2013
08-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Is there any shoreline in Southern California that can be fished 24 hours? Just looking to do surf fishing not pier fishing.

simijab
08-13-2015, 08:08 AM
https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=93478&inline=true

page 29.

basstard2013
08-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Thanks simijab

inthezone
08-14-2015, 09:54 PM
https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=93478&inline=true

page 29.

Went to that page and did not understand. Can you please elaborate? Thanks

simijab
08-17-2015, 07:44 AM
27.56. TAKE GENERAL. Except as otherwise provided, there are no closed seasons, closed hours
or minimum size limits on fin fish in the Pacific Ocean including all saltwater bays except that in San
Francisco Bay between the Golden Gate Bridge and the Carquinez Bridge and in saltwater tributaries
to the bay within the area bounded by Interstate 80 and Highways 17, 101 and 37 finfish may not be
taken between one hour after sunset to one hour before sunrise except from shore or piers.

Basically says that certain species may have certain restriction but there are no hours restrictions from shore or piers

bones
08-17-2015, 09:07 PM
There are tons of places you can park along the INLAND side of PCH at night with no restrictions you just have to be careful about it. What simijab said about the beach restrictions is true but I have fished many places all night long. The secret is to find areas where it doesn't have any posted time limits. You will have to either walk a bit to the spot or dash across PCH though. Remember ... do this at your own risk. There are no lifeguards to help you out and in some areas the creeps come out at night for sure.
Whatever you do....don't go alone. Just not smart!
I'm only familiar with the areas up by my stomping grounds in upper Santa monica bay though. It might help if you mention where you frequently go or at least what areas are closest to you so members can make a few suggestions. I know there are many guys who fish for the creatures of the night on the board.

inthezone
08-18-2015, 10:34 AM
27.56. TAKE GENERAL. Except as otherwise provided, there are no closed seasons, closed hours
or minimum size limits on fin fish in the Pacific Ocean including all saltwater bays except that in San
Francisco Bay between the Golden Gate Bridge and the Carquinez Bridge and in saltwater tributaries
to the bay within the area bounded by Interstate 80 and Highways 17, 101 and 37 finfish may not be
taken between one hour after sunset to one hour before sunrise except from shore or piers.

Basically says that certain species may have certain restriction but there are no hours restrictions from shore or piers

Thanks for the info..so does that mean I can fish at any beach even though it says they close at 10? I think all beaches around oc closes at 10.

simijab
08-19-2015, 03:24 PM
those hours have to do with park hours. If a state/county/city park have certain hours of operation then you have to abide by those rules.

coors
08-25-2015, 02:32 PM
that is correct. after about 10 calls to the "powers to be", local posted hours over ride other regulations
pertaining to curfews including the 1976 coastal act (whatever that is). was told Laguna is the only exception.
something about Laguna does not enforce any curfew except for minors. was told it is for my safety and the only exceptions are grunion runs and sometimes you're allowed to fish the beach after 10pm if you were there prior to 10pm but
no later than midnight. i don't get it, who'd want to mug a fisherman with a 10" fillet knife and a shark gaff?