PDA

View Full Version : DVL recon today.

DEVOREFLYER
08-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Did a little recon at DVL today. Since I can't launch my boat I thought I would get another perspective of DVL today. As you can see the boat launch is high and dry and a lot of islands.

http://i.imgur.com/IJDZYzY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PFtyOr9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OOqVyDl.jpg

trail blazer
08-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Love it DEVO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Great to see it from up top..

Thank you

Trail Blazer

cutbait
08-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Hmmm. I must of missed this on Bako Boy facebook page?

chompot
08-09-2015, 09:17 AM
3rd pic looks like Rawson Creek, not Cove...

DEVOREFLYER
08-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Not many Coves anywhere anymore and I don't know whats up with the ramp extension. No equipment was visible or work in progress noted. We only flew over the east end to stay out of the traffic pattern for Hemet/Ryan.

old pudd fisher
08-09-2015, 09:52 PM
That gives me fond memories of my uncle Jim, he had a plane and I would fly with him when I was a kid. He would let me take over a little sometimes and show me how to fly it.

HuskerRod
08-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Wow...cool. I had one guy fly over so low one time when I was fishing I could not only see him waving, but see the grin on his face. He seemed quite happy and content.

HuskerRod
08-10-2015, 12:28 PM
One of these days...............I need to go out there and get a rental and fish. But dangit, when you got your own boat those rentals are a tough pill to swallow.

DEVOREFLYER
08-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Wow...cool. I had one guy fly over so low one time when I was fishing I could not only see him waving, but see the grin on his face. He seemed quite happy and content.

Per FAR 91.119 minimum altitude. (c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

Pics were taken from 2000 feet.

ddoskocil
08-13-2015, 08:15 AM
very nice pics - cool to see the shallow areas coming up...better than lowrance.
sidenote - I've been kelp fishing twice in the last year and had small private planes zoom by me at less than 50 feet from the surface - crazy (but cool)

DEVOREFLYER
08-13-2015, 08:30 AM
very nice pics - cool to see the shallow areas coming up...better than lowrance.
sidenote - I've been kelp fishing twice in the last year and had small private planes zoom by me at less than 50 feet from the surface - crazy (but cool)

Get the N number of that plane and report it to the FAA that is a clear violation of FAR 91.119 it's idiots like that give all sport pilots a bad rap. At 100+ mph any distraction and 50 feet is going to be a disaster looking for a place to happen.

I want to go up again at a lower altitude and do a 360 degree panorama of the whole lake. The problem is the west end is in the flight path of Hemet/Ryan airport and without a spotter or someone else taking pictures it puts one at a risk.

TUNAVIC
08-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Nice perspective,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic