PDA

View Full Version : August 6th - Southern Cal PM 1/2 Day Report

driven2fish
08-07-2015, 12:28 PM
SUCKED!!!!

Wow, I fully understand that fishin' is fishin' and you can't always catch...but Captain Ryan is a serious jerk & a real downer. As soon as we leave the dock, Ryan starts in..."well guys, we've had great fishing all week...but today is a different story. Lot's of current, tons of seals, and it doesn't look good for this afternoon".

Dude, how about kicking me in the nuts before we get started? The fishing may suck today, but at least try to put some kind of positive spin on it. How about a little good energy, or "go gettem' type attitude". This dude is a "glass half empty type of person". I understand that Cptn. Ryan is at work right now, but the rest of us have paid to get on your boat and just want to have a good time. Fishing doesn't have to be lights out every time, and I'm never upset or mad if I don't catch (maybe a bit disappointed...but at least I'm on a boat and goin' for it). The dude is by far the most depressing and angry Captain I've ever fished with.

Boat was 15min late to the dock (I don't even care), had to stop and bait up (took a while)...then we motor out for 45 minutes. Once we're there, he drops anchor and we fish for 25 minutes. "OK, wind em up boys". Current is too strong, we'll have to motor back in to another spot". WTF!

So we motor back 30 minutes. Then, dude has us throw out for 5 minutes..."OK, wind em boys. We've got to re-set the anchor, current is too strong." This went on 4 times and took a very long time. WOW...

Worst part was having to listen to Ryan bark and yell at everybody on the boat. Do this, do that, calling out people who had old gear, basically mocking his customers. It was embarrassing.

It's a 1/2 day boat dude...you're gonna have newbies. No need to be such a wet blanket. Keep the vibe light, bring a little energy.

I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have his responsibilities and to live up to the expectations of a full boat of fisherman. The dude is human, and we all have good and bad days. But WOW, that guy was such a depressing cloud of negative energy.

I don't think we even fished for a total of 2 hours. We were back at the dock at 610PM (what happened to 630?). I saw 5 yellows on the boat, one cudda, and one sculpin.

For me..."whatever". I'll get back out there and keep swingin'. But I'd advise stayin' away from Captain Ryan.

etucker1959
08-07-2015, 12:59 PM
SUCKED!!!!

Wow, I fully understand that fishin' is fishin' and you can't always catch...but Captain Ryan is a serious jerk & a real downer. As soon as we leave the dock, Ryan starts in..."well guys, we've had great fishing all week...but today is a different story. Lot's of current, tons of seals, and it doesn't look good for this afternoon".

Dude, how about kicking me in the nuts before we get started? The fishing may suck today, but at least try to put some kind of positive spin on it. How about a little good energy, or "go gettem' type attitude". This dude is a "glass half empty type of person". I understand that Cptn. Ryan is at work right now, but the rest of us have paid to get on your boat and just want to have a good time. Fishing doesn't have to be lights out every time, and I'm never upset or mad if I don't catch (maybe a bit disappointed...but at least I'm on a boat and goin' for it). The dude is by far the most depressing and angry Captain I've ever fished with.

Boat was 15min late to the dock (I don't even care), had to stop and bait up (took a while)...then we motor out for 45 minutes. Once we're there, he drops anchor and we fish for 25 minutes. "OK, wind em up boys". Current is too strong, we'll have to motor back in to another spot". WTF!

So we motor back 30 minutes. Then, dude has us throw out for 5 minutes..."OK, wind em boys. We've got to re-set the anchor, current is too strong." This went on 4 times and took a very long time. WOW...

Worst part was having to listen to Ryan bark and yell at everybody on the boat. Do this, do that, calling out people who had old gear, basically mocking his customers. It was embarrassing.

It's a 1/2 day boat dude...you're gonna have newbies. No need to be such a wet blanket. Keep the vibe light, bring a little energy.

I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have his responsibilities and to live up to the expectations of a full boat of fisherman. The dude is human, and we all have good and bad days. But WOW, that guy was such a depressing cloud of negative energy.

I don't think we even fished for a total of 2 hours. We were back at the dock at 610PM (what happened to 630?). I saw 5 yellows on the boat, one cudda, and one sculpin.

For me..."whatever". I'll get back out there and keep swingin'. But I'd advise stayin' away from Captain Ryan.
You guy's it's not even the boats any more, it's all about the captains. The Southern Cal is run by either Mitch or Ryan. It's Mitch or nothing for me. The Monte Carlo is a tie with either Molla or Walt, there both good. The Enterprise it's Andy or nothing!!!! The Native Sun, it's Arron or nothing. The Victory anybody but George!!!!! lol

madbass
08-07-2015, 01:36 PM
You guy's it's not even the boats any more, it's all about the captains. The Southern Cal is run by either Mitch or Ryan. It's Mitch or nothing for me. The Monte Carlo is a tie with either Molla or Walt, there both good. The Enterprise it's Andy or nothing!!!! The Native Sun, it's Arron or nothing. The Victory anybody but George!!!!! lol

that's good list right there.
I'll ask to see who the captain is before jumping on a boat.

DIS
08-07-2015, 05:04 PM
I went on the Southern Cal that morning (8/6/15) and it was not a very good experience.... As we got on the boat, we were told to rig sabiki rigs because there wasnt any bait availible and if we didnt rig up we wouldnt get to use any of the bait which is fair. Suddenly people start rushing back to the pier point landing store to purchase sabiki rigs.... The boat then departed and everyone started to rig up for bait. We then appear close to the bait barge and pick up a lot of scoops of mackeral from a big boat (not sure what its called lol) which left us all wondering.... The captain told us to put away our sabiki rigs because they would no longer be needed... What really annoyed people is that we spent about 30-45 minutes getting bait... We then finally headed out.... The boat was really crowded making it so difficult to fish. There were so many tangles!!!! In total we spent about 1.5 -2 hours of fishing and there were a total of maybe 5-7 yellowtail caught and maybe about 20 cuda.