PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Twilight 8/4/2015 Wide Open Cuda and Calico!!

MasterFisherYY
08-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Shout out to Relentless Fishing Co. for the cool accessories, T-shirts, and caps they gave out!

Headed over to Berth 55 with my girlfriend in hopes of slaying some cuda or bass. I was out on the Liberty last Friday and Saturday so I had a decent understanding of what the fish want. Captain Gabe really does work his *** off to put his passengers on the fish. We went the extra mile against ripping current to some pristine fishing grounds and it really paid off. Against the most ****** weather with the current totally making out 8 ounce weights obsolete and the 15 knot wind whipping us, the barracuda bite was wide open. To my surprise the bass bite was also on fire! We were catching tons and tons of Calico's with the occasional Sand Bass. The barracuda was being caught on heavier model lures in black/white blue/white, green/yellow, chrome configurations. It was a very very slow wind to entice them to bite. People on the dropper loop were getting nailed fishing anchovies or sardines, the bass didn't seem to care about the strip squid this time around. Most of the bass however were short and the legal ones were being caught occasionally on a larger model sardine. As a heads up for first timers or those prone to getting sea sick, definitely take some motion sickness pills this time around!

SpinnerBaitKing
08-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Shout out to Relentless Fishing Co. for the cool accessories, T-shirts, and caps they gave out!

Headed over to Berth 55 with my girlfriend in hopes of slaying some cuda or bass. I was out on the Liberty last Friday and Saturday so I had a decent understanding of what the fish want. Captain Gabe really does work his *** off to put his passengers on the fish. We went the extra mile against ripping current to some pristine fishing grounds and it really paid off. Against the most ****** weather with the current totally making out 8 ounce weights obsolete and the 15 knot wind whipping us, the barracuda bite was wide open. To my surprise the bass bite was also on fire! We were catching tons and tons of Calico's with the occasional Sand Bass. The barracuda was being caught on heavier model lures in black/white blue/white, green/yellow, chrome configurations. It was a very very slow wind to entice them to bite. People on the dropper loop were getting nailed fishing anchovies or sardines, the bass didn't seem to care about the strip squid this time around. Most of the bass however were short and the legal ones were being caught occasionally on a larger model sardine. As a heads up for first timers or those prone to getting sea sick, definitely take some motion sickness pills this time around!

Thanks great detail

TUNAVIC
08-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Very nice,I remember when we always got Barries on the twighlite trips,nice to see it again,thanks for report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Jig-Guy
08-07-2015, 12:12 AM
Glad you all got bit! Thanks for the report I will give this a shot.