PDA

View Full Version : My truck is officially dead, what's a boy to do?

Ssortasober
07-31-2015, 02:38 PM
The a hole mechanic who replaced my distributor 4 months ago, says a cam needs replacing. He says there's execive wear on the gear end, of the distributor he just replaced. He then happens to have my old distributor and shows me how the wear is similar. Since 4 months ago, I've replaced said distributor, master cylinder, fuel pump, catalytic converter,slogged and registered this truck. Wouldn't do any of the work had I known about a problem.
A) do I have a case
B) no more boat to tow, so no need for a 8 cyl,
Any suggestions on a 6 cyl pickup, I'm never going back to a car and I had a 69 Camaro for 12 years, as much as I miss that car I love my truck and never going back.
Sortasober

DarkShadow
07-31-2015, 02:48 PM
The a hole mechanic who replaced my distributor 4 months ago, says a cam needs replacing. He says there's execive wear on the gear end, of the distributor he just replaced. He then happens to have my old distributor and shows me how the wear is similar. Since 4 months ago, I've replaced said distributor, master cylinder, fuel pump, catalytic converter,slogged and registered this truck. Wouldn't do any of the work had I known about a problem.
A) do I have a case
B) no more boat to tow, so no need for a 8 cyl,
Any suggestions on a 6 cyl pickup, I'm never going back to a car and I had a 69 Camaro for 12 years, as much as I miss that car I love my truck and never going back.
Sortasober

I think mechanic's work is "caveat emptor," unless you have a good lawyer.

I'm loving my Tacoma Pre-runner. Haven't had not one problem, but I'm also very particular about getting basic service done, so that may be why I haven't had to sink in one cent to the truck.

flyhigh123
07-31-2015, 03:08 PM
I think mechanic's work is "caveat emptor," unless you have a good lawyer.

I'm loving my Tacoma Pre-runner. Haven't had not one problem, but I'm also very particular about getting basic service done, so that may be why I haven't had to sink in one cent to the truck.

plus you have a toyota.

Ssortasober
07-31-2015, 03:21 PM
Leaning towards Toyota, bit the frontier looks good, definitely a 4 door

old pudd fisher
07-31-2015, 05:17 PM
We still have our 1999 4x4 V6 Tacoma Pre-runner, It has a ton of miles on it and still running strong. It has lots of desert off road miles on it too. Damn good truck.

Ssortasober
08-09-2015, 01:29 PM
I did get the Tacoma, 6 cyl TRD,4 door tow pkg short bed, real short 5 ft. Beauty for sure. 46782

DockRat
08-10-2015, 08:11 PM
A buddy of mine passed away a couple weeks ago. His sister sold me his 1999 F150 XLT crew cab with 115,000 miles for $1500.
Wasn't even looking for a truck but couldn't pass a a deal.
DR

Marley
08-13-2015, 10:34 PM
A buddy of mine passed away a couple weeks ago. His sister sold me his 1999 F150 XLT crew cab with 115,000 miles for $1500.
Wasn't even looking for a truck but couldn't pass a a deal.
DR

Wow, what a score. Very sorry to hear about your buddy, I'm sure his sister knows the truck went to someone who will appreciate it.