PDA

View Full Version : General Pier fishing ??? (where 2 go)

rzaroch36
10-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Hello,

I am really inexperienced at pier fishing and I want to take my girlfriend and little brother to a pier for fishing.

Where is a good place to go that wont be supercrowded, where maybe we can catch some fish without too much trouble. Not looking to keep anything except maybe mackeral for catfish bait.

Also, a place where we don't have to walk a mile to get to a pier (venice...that place has the worst parking).

I have plenty of tackle and dont mind buying stuff...what to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im trying to turn my little bro onto fishing and this might help.

thanks

DavidE
10-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't know anyplace up your way. If you can make it to Seal Beach they have easy parking and there are usually fish around. Try Ghost Shrimp or Gulp Sand worms in Camo for the surf. Move out to mid pier or the end try anchovie pieces or squid strips. Also check out the pier section and you'll fins a lot of good info.

Robert trout hunter
10-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Malibu pier :mrgreen: a great place

CoffeaRobusta
10-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Here's a great website....

http://www.pierfishing.com/

I like Seal Beach but Huntington Beach, Newport and Balboa have therir attractions too. HB has bad parking too.

Justonemore
10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I like going to balboa, or new port, I go just about every weekend, the worst you can do is catch macs, is you go after dark the parking is pretty easy. just my :2cents:

J

rocklee
10-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I been fishing at two piers, Huntington and Santa Monica

At Huntington, the parking isn't too bad $1.50 for an hour.
The walk is alittle far, I usually have a cart for my fishing gear to
bring out the the end. The fish can be very slim at time. The last
few time I only was able to caught a cocker or two.

Santa Monica. the parking is crazy on the weekends. You have a better
chance at night or on the weekdays. Parking is $7 all day. I like fishing there,
consistence bites on every kind of fish. I like to use shrimp on size two mosquito hooks.
The walk isn't bad as Huntington. I usually just carry my things at this pier

have fun
hope this helps