PDA

View Full Version : Cecil the lions death.

old pudd fisher
07-30-2015, 10:32 PM
I think that is just a horrible thing, what do you think about that. He might as well killed him in a zoo, big bad hunter.46721

Misfitdog
08-01-2015, 01:47 PM
this is a tough one most cat hunts in Africa are baited hunts and targeting certain Cats that are either causing issues with the public , very old animals (to help a younger cat take over a pride) .. this Case is very Fishy as the Guides alone only charged 50,000 on a hunt like this . these hunts are usually 2x that much and the guides are supposed to partner with a Park Ranger for the duration of a big cat hunt and they help to ensure you hunt the correct animal . It appears this outfit did none of the sorts , even though they had all the proper documents those can be forged and poaching is a huge issue in Africa .. untill further details are released and we know all , it is hard to call .. Sad indeed

DEVOREFLYER
08-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Meh.....

http://i.imgur.com/oN0BHFx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eMRdAXN.jpg

old pudd fisher
08-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah that is kind of crazy, never thought of it that way.

dpaulus9
08-01-2015, 06:05 PM
also read conflicting reports on his brother jericho. one group said he was killed after cecil was and another person says jerichos gps tag still showing he is alive.

old pudd fisher
08-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I have no problem with hunting and have done my share of it in my day. Just sayin I think its sad that Cecil is dead he was a popular cool cat.

City Dad
08-02-2015, 09:47 AM
we need to start arming lions!

augnmike
08-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Not so fast guys, two sides to every story, breaking news:

Gary the Gazelle is Dead

Turns out, Cecil the Lion was no choirboy. Photos have surfaced of Cecil in the act of killing and eating Gary the Gazelle. Gary was a favorite of both locals and visitors at Zimbabwe's Hwange National Park, where he delighted onlookers with his trademark leap, while clicking his heels. Gary was 12 years old and leaves his beloved wife, Greta Gazelle, and their 8 (unnamed) offspring. Gary's long-time friend and confidante, Zeke the Zebra said, "A lot of people are crying over Cecil lately, but, let me tell you, I've lost a lot of friends and family to him. He was an animal. I won't be crying no tears."

DockRat
08-02-2015, 08:45 PM
CHICAGO MURDERS
2015 DEATH TOLL : 262

Big numbers, nobody cares.
Cecil is 1 Lion, major news story.

dpaulus9
08-03-2015, 08:44 PM
btw....jericho still alive and well.

seal
08-04-2015, 05:28 AM
Comparisons being made are silly. Sorry boys take a stand on the topic don't use silly comparisons to make a point.

I am not a fan of these hunts. The number of wild lions does not justify the idea of trophy hunting only justification from my standpoint would be problem animals. This hunter was in it for the glory, a problem I see that exists with hunting and fishing. Do whatever it takes to get the kill, to catch the fish, illegal bait, out of bounds areas etc... whatever just get that trophy so you can post it on social media and get the glory.

I know those that are responding are good sportsman, but the guy that shot this lion, in my opinion, is just fueling the ammo for the anti hunting and fishing crowd.

dpaulus9
08-04-2015, 06:07 AM
what i like to know if the shooter had planned to hunt cecil or had just paid for a lion hunt and the guides were the ones who chose too hunt him illegally? dont know if we will ever know the truth. also doesnt help with the shooters past record of illegal besar hunt.

DarkShadow
08-04-2015, 10:07 AM
http://www.taxidermytrophiesforsale.com/uploads/7/4/3/6/7436508/_8101928_orig.jpg

edwardv46
08-04-2015, 11:05 AM
If these lions weren't worth so much money the villagers would have killed them all long ago because they are a menace. Instead, they are held on a preserve and then sold for a hunt. It's not my fault the money doesn't go to the village because of their own corrupt governments. As soon as we outlaw these hunts the villagers will kill them because the will grow tired of them eating their livestock, pets and children. As far the luring thing, how stupid would it be to cast my line in the water with no bait on it? Isn't that the point, to lure the fish into biting your hook.

twin22s
08-04-2015, 12:24 PM
The details of who did what wrong are very important, but It is illegal to shoot an animal with a tracking collar. maybe he didn't see the collar because of the lions mane but none the less the guy who pulls the trigger is responsible for complying with the regs. I'm sure he thought he was in the right, but If you kill a Giant Black sea bass because you thought it was a wayward grouper you still pay the fines, and deal with the consequences. He should have made sure he was allowed to do what he did before he did it. I'm sure the guide service is crooked but still no excuse. This guy needs to find a new hobby. can you shoot Giraffes? j/k

City Dad
08-04-2015, 02:28 PM
...but the guy that shot this lion, in my opinion, is just fueling the ammo for the anti hunting and fishing crowd.

the moment I read about that guy killing a lion he wasn't going to eat I threw down my rod and swore off fishing forever. Then I "WTF am I doing?" and picked it back up.

seal
08-04-2015, 02:30 PM
If these lions weren't worth so much money the villagers would have killed them all long ago because they are a menace. Instead, they are held on a preserve and then sold for a hunt. It's not my fault the money doesn't go to the village because of their own corrupt governments. As soon as we outlaw these hunts the villagers will kill them because the will grow tired of them eating their livestock, pets and children. As far the luring thing, how stupid would it be to cast my line in the water with no bait on it? Isn't that the point, to lure the fish into biting your hook.

Is this some sort of justification for the hunt? If we don't get to hunt them the villagers will? So luring a lion out of a "preserve" should be an acceptable practice? If this logic had any validation then a "preserve" would have no meaning, correct? Shoot um all their a menace!

This logic is beyond my ability to understand and just sounds like talking points to justify the kill, this type of attitude is helping to drive the anti hunting crowd.

seal
08-04-2015, 02:32 PM
the moment I read about that guy killing a lion he wasn't going to eat I threw down my rod and swore off fishing forever. Then I "WTF am I doing?" and picked it back up.

Lol, yes City Dad I'm actually a spokesperson for PETA in the real world. I'm a plant don't ya know.

I'm going to be especially gentle with my pet stripers tonight.

DarkShadow
08-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Shoot um all their a menace!

"It was coming right for us!"

Now, does lion taste good? Can you make it adobado style? Maybe some lion carnitas? Lion Al Pastor?

Shoot anything that moves, is my angle. That little mosquito could carry malaria. Flamethrower time!

DEVOREFLYER
08-04-2015, 07:41 PM
"It was coming right for us!"

Now, does lion taste good? Can you make it adobado style? Maybe some lion carnitas? Lion Al Pastor?

DS you can get your Lion meat here. http://www.czimers.com/largegame.html

ps: I am still waiting for my flag you didn't welch on me did you?.

old pudd fisher
08-04-2015, 08:42 PM
DS you can get your Lion meat here. http://www.czimers.com/largegame.html

Damn Lion steaks for $25.95 a Lb. That's sure expensive, I remember shopping at Crawfords Market El Monte with my dad in the 50's and he bought a can of cooked Rattlesnake meat. I shared it with him it kind of tasted like chicken.

dpaulus9
08-04-2015, 08:50 PM
yep..you can hunt giraffes legally too. had picked up a load from a taxidermist in nebraska heading to a cabelas last year....he had a skin patially done of a giraffe. was neat to see all the work he does. also a pic going arround facebook with a feamle hunter with a giraffe she killed

DarkShadow
08-04-2015, 09:56 PM

No problem dicksauce.

You still gonna parade it on MLK Boulevard and take pics?

Or are you gonna take pics with your local BBQ?

etucker1959
08-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Is this some sort of justification for the hunt? If we don't get to hunt them the villagers will? So luring a lion out of a "preserve" should be an acceptable practice? If this logic had any validation then a "preserve" would have no meaning, correct? Shoot um all their a menace!

This logic is beyond my ability to understand and just sounds like talking points to justify the kill, this type of attitude is helping to drive the anti hunting crowd.
Boy that's funny because I understood the logic of Edward46 perfectly!!!!!! (I must speak the same language that Seal never could understand) lol Why put up with lions if THEY weren't a cash crop!!!! The same example close to home, In a perfect world, "I'd get rid of every coyote that lives in my city." (damn cat eating vermin!!!!!!) I'm a cat fancier and I stress out every day as soon as the sun goes down!!!!!

parkermann2
08-05-2015, 08:40 AM
In the past 3 years over 100,000 African elephants have been poached Nobody bats an eye Probably because lions are cute And elephants are big and ugly

seal
08-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Boy that's funny because I understood the logic of Edward46 perfectly!!!!!! (I must speak the same language that Seal never could understand) lol Why put up with lions if THEY weren't a cash crop!!!! The same example close to home, In a perfect world, "I'd get rid of every coyote that lives in my city." (damn cat eating vermin!!!!!!) I'm a cat fancier and I stress out every day as soon as the sun goes down!!!!!

Apparently you have some brain interuptus problem, not surprised based on years of following your insanity on this website. Lions are in most areas a species that has been over hunted and or being encroached upon by humans. Because of this there is the need for these places they call preserves, following me so far numbnuts? Luring said lion out of these "preserves" is bad and illegal. Umkay? So comparing using scent or other attractants for fishing to luring a lion out of a protected area is bad. Umkay?

Got it now oh dimwitted liberal friend?

etucker1959
08-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Apparently you have some brain interuptus problem, not surprised based on years of following your insanity on this website. Lions are in most areas a species that has been over hunted and or being encroached upon by humans. Because of this there is the need for these places they call preserves, following me so far numbnuts? Luring said lion out of these "preserves" is bad and illegal. Umkay? So comparing using scent or other attractants for fishing to luring a lion out of a protected area is bad. Umkay?

Got it now oh dimwitted liberal friend?
I've got a good response for you, but I need to go get some fishing line on my reels for tomorrow's ocean attack!!! I"LL BE BACK!!!!

seal
08-05-2015, 09:37 AM
I've got a good response for you, but I need to go get some fishing line on my reels for tomorrow's ocean attack!!! I"LL BE BACK!!!!

Yes string up those snoopy poles with 2lbs test fluro that I'm sure you use for those tuna, much like using a pellet gun for killing mountain lions or whatever your previous claims were on this website.

Kumbayah my brother!

etucker1959
08-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Let me first address my knowledge of Lion hunting in Africa. Many years ago I thought about going on a Lion & Leopard safari to Africa. After checking into things, I decided it wasn't much of a FAIR CHASE HUNT and not for me. For those who don't hunt, Fair chase means if the animal can run faster and longer then you they can get away. Animals in Africa fall into 3 categories. On a preserve where tourists can take all the pictures they want, followed by a game ranch or out in the wild. Most of the hunting now a days is done on a game ranch. (what's a game ranch???) It's a ranch that can vary in size from very small to extremely large, but the key ingredient is, "it's completely surrounded by a game proof fence to keep all the animals in." Another words it's a canned hunt!!!!! The animals can't escape, so it's more or less a sure thing. The other African animals, you know the ones that run wild. In many cases they don't exist any more, because the locals when out and shot them for being a nuisance. Hence our now famous Dentist, thought he was hunting some wild Lion. When in reality there isn't very many hunt able wild Lions left and got himself in big trouble by being taken in by a bunch of con artists posing as professional hunters.

Stickman
08-05-2015, 07:24 PM
I think that is just a horrible thing, what do you think about that. He might as well killed him in a zoo, big bad hunter.46721
Plenty of people, not many Lions.

City Dad
08-06-2015, 12:07 PM
anyone know a good outfitter for a gorilla hunt?

DarkShadow
08-06-2015, 02:06 PM
anyone know a good outfitter for a gorilla hunt?

Gorilla?

Step it up and go full human.

:-D

I hear we're a smart beast, and tracking and shooting one of us may be harder than it looks.

I still want to know a good outfitter so I can shoot some dolphins on our coast. Nothing like a bottlenose head mounted on my wall to get the ole pheromones going.

old pudd fisher
08-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Full Human ? Hell that's been going on for years.46772

Brent
08-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Plenty of people, not many Lions.

You mean, too many people, not enough lions.
"Liberal" or "Conservative". Killing lions is BS. If they're endangering you, it's only because you're forcing them to by crowing them or starving them out.
Absolutely no excuse for killing anyone or anything unless it's self defense. Necessary food hunting not included. For you Floridians, that would be "stand your ground" or sneak up and kill your neighbor that your fighting with and then say I was afraid for my life. Apparently that seems to work as well.

etucker1959
08-13-2015, 12:39 PM
You mean, too many people, not enough lions.
"Liberal" or "Conservative". Killing lions is BS. If they're endangering you, it's only because you're forcing them to by crowing them or starving them out.
Absolutely no excuse for killing anyone or anything unless it's self defense. Necessary food hunting not included. For you Floridians, that would be "stand your ground" or sneak up and kill your neighbor that your fighting with and then say I was afraid for my life. Apparently that seems to work as well.
As I said in an earlier post, most sport hunting in Africa is now a days is done on a game ranch. (surrounded by a game proof fence to keep the animals inside the ranch) Hunting wild animals in the wild is not the norm. So are you against raising any animal for the profit of a rancher????? It could not be just for a food source (cattle, pigs and chickens) but for their hides etc??? Most game animals in Africa are like that, their being raised as a CASH crop for the rancher. Are you Brent a vegetarian or don't wear leather or other animal products???? Same logic, these animals are raised for their commercial value!!!!!! That's why I had no desire to EVER hunt in Africa!!!!!

Brent
08-18-2015, 04:25 PM
As I said in an earlier post, most sport hunting in Africa is now a days is done on a game ranch. (surrounded by a game proof fence to keep the animals inside the ranch) Hunting wild animals in the wild is not the norm. So are you against raising any animal for the profit of a rancher????? It could not be just for a food source (cattle, pigs and chickens) but for their hides etc??? Most game animals in Africa are like that, their being raised as a CASH crop for the rancher. Are you Brent a vegetarian or don't wear leather or other animal products???? Same logic, these animals are raised for their commercial value!!!!!! That's why I had no desire to EVER hunt in Africa!!!!!

Not a vegetarian by any means, but killing wild animals like rhinos, lions, tigers, elephants and such is just stupid. There's not enough and they're not sustainable, even if you breed them on ranches just for killing. It just doesn't make sense.
Although deer that are overpopulating all over the place are very tasty. I guess I am somewhat hypocritical regarding it, but I've somehow like most people compartmentalized my feelings towards domesticated animals raised for food and products. Go figure???

etucker1959
08-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Not a vegetarian by any means, but killing wild animals like rhinos, lions, tigers, elephants and such is just stupid. There's not enough and they're not sustainable, even if you breed them on ranches just for killing. It just doesn't make sense.
Although deer that are overpopulating all over the place are very tasty. I guess I am somewhat hypocritical regarding it, but I've somehow like most people compartmentalized my feelings towards domesticated animals raised for food and products. Go figure???
Brent you are normally a pretty good guy, so in correcting a little bit of your logic is for educational purposes only. lol You're a right there isn't enough rhinos period!! So they never should be hunted, they are already poached to the point of extinct just for their horns. There aren't enough Wild Tigers either!!!! (they should also never be allowed to be hunted) Wild Lions, not enough of them around anyway to really worry about. (even if you tried to reintroduce them) the locals would go out and kill them as nuisances. A Lion on a fenced in private property now that's a different story. In the animal kingdom certain animals collect harams for breeding. (a male lion is a good example) One male lion may have 10 girlfriends, that leaves 9 other male lions out in the cold!!!! lol If a rancher feels he can remove say 4 over the hill Lions, (4 younger lions then can take their places) and sell them as hunting trophies for $50,000 a piece. 4 times $50,000 equals $200,000 that seems to make a lot of financial sense, to any Land owner that has several prides of lions on them. As for Elephants, they can be very destructive even in Parks. They are commonly culled out even in a sanctuary or on private land. So hunting them is just like hunting Whitetail deer back east. (It makes a lot of sense) lol This is a very emotional issue, but sound animal management is still the proper thing to do in this world!!!

coors
08-20-2015, 04:12 PM
let's ask Ted Nugent for his opinion...