PDA

View Full Version : Great a.m. Session at Malibu

camdozer
07-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Got there at about 5:15 a.m. And started chucking the LC into pure glass. 15 minutes in it just went wide open, couldn't keep em off my lure! Stopped fishing about 30 minutes ago with a final fish count of 6 halibut (all short, but the tail gripped one below was close at 20 inches) 3 jack smelt (any way to make use of these things in the future? I threw them back because they looked like they can't taste good. Tasty recipes or bait for catfish/stripers?) and 2 calico bass, one short and one barely legal.

Now I'm eating some well earned McDonald's breakfast and about to head home to my wife who's probably just gonna be waking up when I get home lol.

One last thing is a special shout out to the S.W.A.T. Guys for all the knowledge they share so freely here. I feel like this morning all those lessons I read on here finally clicked! If you're new here and reading this, look up their threads, and it'll put you on fish :)

frankjz
07-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Awesome! It's great to know that the water is healthy and the fish are prevalent!

bones
07-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Nice session sir. That is what it is all about. As you can see there are only a few responses here but look at the views. Fishing has been relatively slow and usually when the water temps climb above the 70 degree mark the flatties slide out into a cooler zone. I know why they are still in tight where you were fishing though. Keep that spot hush hush as much as possible for your own elbow room buddy.
As for the smelt.....I'm sure somebody has found a way to cook them up but I've never heard anything that even remotely made me curious. Then again I practice C&R as much as possible so the future generations can enjoy the sport as much as I do and to be honest.....When I get done fishing the LAST thing I wanna do is clean a fish. I'm always dead tired when I get home these days....LOL

Tight lines to you always,

Mike

BTW... I see you have already mastered the kung fu sand hand grip....PERFECT!

--------<><

murrieta angler
07-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Good job out there Bro...:Smile:
With all those short flatties, there had to be a big one hanging around out there as well. :Wink:
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

anchor3n1
07-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Hi camdozer

thank you for the fun report. I'm glad you had a productive session out there this morning. Keep them coming.

regards,

Nick

bachiboy
07-26-2015, 10:58 PM
Hey Cam,
Way to stick it to em!!! Couldn't be happier for you. Now go out there and nail that big girl. She's out there waiting for you!:Wink:

Congrats on a great session!
Don

Edgar
07-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Hey there camdozer, nice job finding the right kind of structure to fish , to top that off the fish cooperated also , what more can you ask for ? Thanx for keeping it real ;) I appreciate that !

vdisney
07-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Congrats on a great session. Forget the smelt and stick with Mc Donalds :LOL:

camdozer
07-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Congrats on a great session. Forget the smelt and stick with Mc Donalds :LOL:

Haha, it had really been a hot minute since I had a sausage mcmuffin man. I know they're disgusting and I regretted it all afternoon, but goddamnit if they're not delicious going down!