PDA

View Full Version : Nice Day

pastorsheldon
07-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Went up to Silverwood with a fishing buddy 7-23-15. Got there about 7am and headed over to Chemise Bay. Got a few hits and one small stripper then moved up just about 100 yards into about 80 ft of water and began to find them. Got two cats over 4lb each and a few more strippers.
Catch of the day though was my rod. Had two rods out and was getting some bait ready when I thought I heard a noise. I turned around and saw that my rod on the bow was gone, BUMMER! I put on a lure to try and see if I might get lucky and fish it out but no luck. I gave up finding it when my buddy brings in one of his rods and says "Hey I think I have a fish." As he brings it up it looks like he has hooked someones line. A closer look revealed IT WAS MINE! I grabbed the line and pulled it in. Sure enough I got the rod and reel back and the fish was still on. To my surprise the fish was just about a two lb stripper. Could have bet it would have been a much bigger fish. Oh well I got the rod back!

BassinPLS
07-27-2015, 08:00 AM
You owe your buddy a cold one!

JAG107
07-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Awesome catch!
Hey what part of Chemise were you in? Were they biting off the bottom or were you flylining?