PDA

View Full Version : Thurs guide trip the boil wars begin and bad water

TroutOnly
07-24-2015, 05:14 PM
finally got to go back out with catchingsomefish dave , we got there early and were prepped.hit the water and headed for the inlet ,single boils here and there. got to the area and dropped the troll gear and started watching the graph and surface activity.after metering a lot of marks but no hits ,we saw some surface popping. up came the troll gear and I dropped the trolling motor and started moving around in the stealth mode. it wasn't long and my swimbait got rid of the skunk. but then here comes a hoard of loudass bass boats full speed and a whole group of knucklehead noise makers.next thing you know there jumping back and forth ,boil to boil instead of sitting still and staying quiet letting the stripers come back up ,there was a whole fleet of them and rental boats running over boils and squeshing them.me and dave had a boil come up and we started fishing it and heres comes a bassguy full throttle he lands on top of them and away they go, I gave him a lecture and told him if he wanted to be stupid do it with the other stupid people and to get away from us.the boils brings out the worst in people ,instead of being cool and catching they act like a dog chasing his tail. after we got a few we couldn't take it anymore ,and headed for the fish arm , very little marks of schools or bait ,as we approached the old ss we started seeing a major debree field coming out of the Elizabeth canyon area reaching all the way out to old ss . logs branches wood of all sizes and floating crap completely cover the surface , it was from the flash flooding up the canyon over the last weekend. it was massive and I ndidnt want any part of it so we trolled back towards c-point ,then up the ski arm ,half way up it we started seeing marks but no hits the water really was bad with only a couple feet of visilbilty ,after noon came the boil whores all left . we got to chase some open water stuff with little boat traffic, the fish were hauling *** and didn't stay on top very long ,most of mine were caught on the swimbaits after they went down. the water on the inlet side was getting messed up with the algae water comin in from pyramid . in the broad daylight you could see how bad it was. the shad and stripers are happy with just any water coming in. dave said the latest surge was up 40 ft ,I could tell by the trolling lanes changing yet again..........thank you dave for sticking it out on a tough day....and thank you for the shirt.................
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/07232015_1118_zpsinwzj1wc.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/07232015_1118_zpsinwzj1wc.jpg.html)
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/07242015_1121_zpsrjthcl0v.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/07242015_1121_zpsrjthcl0v.jpg.html)
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/07232015_1119_zpsatvnjqgg.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/07232015_1119_zpsatvnjqgg.jpg.html)

dpaulus9
07-24-2015, 05:52 PM
yeah...sure fun to watch all those boneheads lol. been on a lake of few times and seen guys almost hit each other trying to get to a boil. remembered one time when they boil in the salom cove and boats would try and sqqueeze thru the entrance only to have the fish boil again back outside. pure insanity lol

catchingsomefish
07-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Bob, thank you for the enjoyable day out on the water, with my work schedule this year, trip overseas, it was good to be back out fishing, or at least trying to. Hopefully people will come to their senses when it comes to fishing the boils....yeah right.....It is amazing to see those bass boats, with their big motors roaring to life, racing towards the boils, only to see them disappear....wonder what they are thinking when they squash boil after boil. The fish arm is super jacked up, some of those logs could be cut into cord wood. The weirdest thing was all the different colors the water was, from reasonably clear, to super murky, to pea soup up by the dam. It is good to see the water level up a bit, the vent by the dam looked and sounded like a geyser, as the water was coming in. Hopefully the debris sink, or are rounded up so people dont jack up their boats.....Thanks again Bob.................Dave

soimthatguy
07-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Great report! I always enjoy seeing people go full blast into boils only for the fish to drop down and disappear.

Bob, thank you for the enjoyable day out on the water, with my work schedule this year, trip overseas, it was good to be back out fishing, or at least trying to. Hopefully people will come to their senses when it comes to fishing the boils....yeah right.....It is amazing to see those bass boats, with their big motors roaring to life, racing towards the boils, only to see them disappear....wonder what they are thinking when they squash boil after boil. The fish arm is super jacked up, some of those logs could be cut into cord wood. The weirdest thing was all the different colors the water was, from reasonably clear, to super murky, to pea soup up by the dam. It is good to see the water level up a bit, the vent by the dam looked and sounded like a geyser, as the water was coming in. Hopefully the debris sink, or are rounded up so people dont jack up their boats.....Thanks again Bob.................Dave

TroutOnly
08-01-2015, 07:54 PM
its all fun until the fleet finds you a hour or more later and the idiots start there boil squishing ,calm and quiet isn't in there dna ,just like the striper experts who bloviate there b/s and they cant produce the big fish or the numbers except when its wide open fishing.........

Fishin4runner
08-01-2015, 11:46 PM
its all fun until the fleet finds you a hour or more later and the idiots start there boil squishing ,calm and quiet isn't in there dna ,just like the striper experts who bloviate there b/s and they cant produce the big fish or the numbers except when its wide open fishing.........

I second this.. However I do laugh my arsk off when I watch people follow me and scratch their head as I pull'em in.....It's even funnier when I look at their high dollar bass boats while I am in a 14ft aluminum with a tiller, just goes to show money can't buy knowledge and skill...........