PDA

View Full Version : 8/15 - Midsummer Nights Dream King of the Cats Qualifier

vineline
07-23-2015, 02:36 PM
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/MSND%20website%20flyer_zpso9ymdt38.jpg (http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/Irvine_Lake/media/MSND%20website%20flyer_zpso9ymdt38.jpg.html)

troutdog
07-23-2015, 06:49 PM
See you there! (add something controversial to this thread for more replies :Rolls Eyes:)

TD

muskyman
07-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Lets see someone catch a catfish bigger than mine

Hitts0n
07-24-2015, 06:12 AM

How big was yours anyways?

troutdog
07-24-2015, 06:13 PM
(Okay that is somewhat controversial :Cool: )

Is 75lbs the number to beat? It would be Babe Ruthesque to pull that off on the 15th...

TD

etucker1959
07-24-2015, 07:01 PM
(Okay that is somewhat controversial :Cool: )

Is 75lbs the number to beat? It would be Babe Ruthesque to pull that off on the 15th...

TD
Did someone say controversial???? I'm your man!!!!! lol I came up with a theory 5 years ago, that so far has not been proven wrong. The theory goes like this, because a Blue Catfish only lives to be 20-25 years old if you don't keep planting them all your monster catfish will die off do to old age. I believe Irvine lake had a gap where they didn't plant them. So all those 60-89 lbers people caught for years eventually died off!!!! They were then replaced with a bunch of 10-20 lbers a number of years ago. You can then graph the growth rate of those fish every year. Last year the biggest fish caught I believe was a 54 pounder, the year before that was say a 50, the year before that was a 46, the year before that was a 42 etc. So far no fish as buck the line in the last 10 years. I also believe they will start to grow even faster the bigger they get. So if my theory is still correct, a 60 or so pounder is the biggest fish that should be caught this year. If someone catches a 70 plus pounder my theory is all wet!!!!! lol Let's see what happens this year!!!! My guess is that 75 pounder is safe for a couple more years at least!!!!

troutdog
07-26-2015, 11:57 PM
Did someone say controversial???? I'm your man!!!!! lol I came up with a theory 5 years ago, that so far has not been proven wrong. The theory goes like this, because a Blue Catfish only lives to be 20-25 years old if you don't keep planting them all your monster catfish will die off do to old age. I believe Irvine lake had a gap where they didn't plant them. So all those 60-89 lbers people caught for years eventually died off!!!! They were then replaced with a bunch of 10-20 lbers a number of years ago. You can then graph the growth rate of those fish every year. Last year the biggest fish caught I believe was a 54 pounder, the year before that was say a 50, the year before that was a 46, the year before that was a 42 etc. So far no fish as buck the line in the last 10 years. I also believe they will start to grow even faster the bigger they get. So if my theory is still correct, a 60 or so pounder is the biggest fish that should be caught this year. If someone catches a 70 plus pounder my theory is all wet!!!!! lol Let's see what happens this year!!!! My guess is that 75 pounder is safe for a couple more years at least!!!!

:Beer Toast: here's to your theory being all wet and someone catching a 70+ lber this Fall!

TD

etucker1959
07-27-2015, 08:40 AM
:Beer Toast: here's to your theory being all wet and someone catching a 70+ lber this Fall!

TD

I really hope someone does!!!! Otherwise what does that make me, someone who see's dead people!!!!!!!!! lol