PDA

View Full Version : Does Laguna Niguel Lake stock catfish?

Number1topgun
07-21-2015, 08:09 PM
Basically what the title says... Anyone happen to know? Ive checked their website and nothing. I tried calling to see if it was in the recorded message and they only mentioned the previous trout stockings.

ZIPPERHEAD
07-26-2015, 08:00 PM
They used to but not anymore as city pulled their permit to stay open at night

georgia_brown
07-26-2015, 09:03 PM
So everything there still C&R only?

goodguy
07-27-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't recall that it's ever been C&R only, I've been fishing it for 12 years. It's always been C&R with bass. But everything else is fair game...

georgia_brown
07-27-2015, 03:50 PM
I don't recall that it's ever been C&R only, I've been fishing it for 12 years. It's always been C&R with bass. But everything else is fair game...

Hmm, saw a groupon there that states "All species of fish are catch and release only." The one I have (previous one) says "Not valid during trout season." Just talked to them they said trout were scarce but if I caught one I could have it. Gonna hit that place up with the fly rod soon.

Number1topgun
07-28-2015, 07:56 AM

How is it during the summer season with there being no stocking? Are the catfish scarce?

goodguy
07-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Hmm, saw a groupon there that states "All species of fish are catch and release only." The one I have (previous one) says "Not valid during trout season." Just talked to them they said trout were scarce but if I caught one I could have it. Gonna hit that place up with the fly rod soon.

Hmm.. Interesting, that must be new-ish... It's always been that way with LMB, but maybe now it's all.

goodguy
07-28-2015, 09:46 AM
How is it during the summer season with there being no stocking? Are the catfish scarce?

I've mostly done Bass fishing at LNL. But in the late afternoon/evening before it gets dark. I've had good luck with cats back by the inlet creek using fly lined nightcrawlers dipped in garlic. Even in the creek just about 5 -10 feet off the lake. its get's pretty deep in the first 10feet or so. But this was a couple of years ago.