PDA

View Full Version : Quick report from 07,19.2015

JAG107
07-21-2015, 07:38 PM
I got up early and checked Google maps to make sure the 15 was open, and headed up the hill for some Wood action. I got there a few minutes before 6, and there were only 3 cars in line, and no other boats! WOW, did the fire scare everyone off?
Very weird, being the first one to pull up to the gate and get inspected. I had in tow my "new" '03 Tracker Tundra, and I'd been dying to get it wet. It had a Cachuma tag on the winch, and guess what? NOT ACCEPTED! I'm sure glad it didn't rain on my way up, or I'd have been livid. OK how does this place not accept a tag from a lake that has a far stricter Quagga program, including a 10 day dry dock policy? Anyway, I was launched by 6:20, and headed for Miller. Nothing for an hour, so I motored back to the old mainstay of summer, Chemise. Man, I trolled the crap out of Chemise, even dusting off my U rig which hasn't been wet in 3 years. I had 2 hit the U rig, and come unbuttoned halfway in. No other strikes or action to be had, and I left feeling a bit defeated by 12:30. There was one boat sitting mid-lake about 150-200 yards off the inlet buoys just putting on a clinic on bait all morning. I thought for a second about heading in and getting a bag of 'dines, but I said to hell with it and just carried on fruitlessly. Freaking beautiful day out there, and the lice and ensuing recreational masses showed up late morning, but not in the usual summer weekend numbers. I'll be back Saturday, hopefully the bite will have improved. Thanks for reading!

seal
07-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the report. Will be out on the water tomorrow and the next day, I guess I'll have to cave and purchase some bait for the stripers. I know the LMB frog bite is working so at least we might pick off something on artificial's.

DarkShadow
07-23-2015, 03:54 PM
I know the LMB frog bite is working so at least we might pick off something on artificial's.

You run those frogs on an A-Rig?

BassinPLS
07-24-2015, 12:17 PM
JAG107,

"It had a Cachuma tag on the winch, and guess what? NOT ACCEPTED! I'm sure glad it didn't rain on my way up, or I'd have been livid. OK how does this place not accept a tag from a lake that has a far stricter Quagga program, including a 10 day dry dock policy?"

That is a very good question! IMHO, a bunch of jerks!

seal
07-25-2015, 01:25 PM
You run those frogs on an A-Rig?

Nah what fun is that. I drop shot um. Don't tell Western Outdoor News they are always letting the secret out of the bag.