PDA

View Full Version : Hey DEVORE ...

billy b
07-18-2015, 09:56 AM
That Hiway 15 fire anywhere near you? Any danger or threats?

Stay Cool and safe.

DEVOREFLYER
07-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Several miles up the road from us and no problem as it's burning in the opposite direction. My wife and I made a round trip to Vegas yesterday morning to meet and have breakfast with our grandson and his mom. We left at 3:00am to meet them as they were driving on their way back to Arkansas from a vacation trip to the pacific northwest. Had breakfast with them at their hotel and got back home at 11:30am. Glad we didn't meet them for lunch or we would have been in the middle of it on the way back. The fire started around 2:30pm so we were lucky we didn't spend more time in Vegas or we could have been caught up in it. It's been non stop fire equipment through Devore as the the freeway was deadlocked and closed in both directions.
My wife wasn't thrilled about the 2:30am wake up but us fishermen have no problem with 0 dark thirty. lol Fire season is gonna be a ***** this year and if we get any dry lightening strikes this weekend it could be ugly as several fires have been reported from strikes already today.

billy b
07-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear

We had to lightning fires start on the hillside above our house ... but the hcopters did a great job ... and even came back the next day just to check

DEVOREFLYER
07-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Here is a good site to follow fire activity. Lightning started fires around 8 so far and it's early, most activity is normally in the late afternoon. http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4397/