PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Fishing

troutslayer05
10-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Dont know if this is the right place for this post or not so sorry if its not but..im going to Reston VA in a couple weeks and would like to do some fishing on the east coast. Does anyone know of any good fishing in this area? THANKS,

ThemBastards
10-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I'd tell you but your in the wrong section.

j/k guy I really dont know, the coffee monster got to me and I had to reply

BBL2Baja
10-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Turned down a job offer last year that would have relocated me to Virginia Beach, Va. I joined these forums while I was house hunting. Helpful guys, kind of the FNN of the Chesapeake Bay area, but not as cool. 8)
I also know Reston is a whole different part of the state, but they are Virginians and would know more than So-Californians.

I'd ask there.

Here's the link:
http://vbsf.ipbhost.com/index.php?

Later,
Scott

ikeman
10-14-2007, 11:11 AM
What kind of fishing are you looking to do? Inshore salt, Surf or freshwater? Are you taking poles? I grew up in Delaware and lived on the Outer Banks, N.C. for a few years and right now is awesome surf fishing! Fall runs of weakfish(saltwater trout) and blues. Oops, just looked at the map and Reston is on the west side of Washington D.C. If you have time, to go to the coast go to Dewey Bch, De for some slammin' surf fishing. You take Hwy 50 across. About 2 and a half hrs. If you are pressed for time I'm sure you can get some terrific bay fishing in. Just ask the local bait and tackle shops. If you do get to the coast, be prepared for some bigger fish than you get around here. The bait runs up the beach and in the inlets can be intense- bait getting pushed right up on the sand from hungry blues and trout! Big surf rigs. Maybe some stripers : :banana: :banana: :banana: Hope this helps, but again check with a local shop.

troutslayer05
10-16-2007, 12:15 AM
thanks guys that site looks oh too familiar....haha not quite as good as this one though