PDA

View Full Version : Skinner closed 6/30

HawgZWylde
06-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Got a call from Shannon today and she said Skinner will be closed tomorrow, 6/30 due to bluestoning...

Big-Bob
06-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Have you been having any luck out there?
I went from going 5 times a week to maybe once a month. Went twice last week and could not get it dialed in.

Planning on giving it another go before the weekend crowds.

darknight63
06-29-2015, 10:33 PM
Yes a big thanks was going there tomorrow...guess its DVL instead......

darknight63
06-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Did not go at all today ...good thing with the weather today...last place I want to be is on the lake, in a rental boat with lighting all around....

HawgZWylde
07-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Have you been having any luck out there?
I went from going 5 times a week to maybe once a month. Went twice last week and could not get it dialed in.

Planning on giving it another go before the weekend crowds.

Yes, but it's not the wide open bite like last month. Averaging around 7-9 fat keepers a day but it's a grind and it takes about 9,000 casts a day. Low water level means fishing outside grass lines, pockets, holes in the grass and deep structure. Topwater early for smaller but active fish but once the lights are on you have to go deep or in heavy cover...

HawgZWylde
07-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Anybody been out since it got Bluestoned? Curious about water level and weed die off...

Askwhy
07-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Anybody been out since it got Bluestoned? Curious about water level and weed die off...

I have been out twice since the bluestone and needed skunk remover both times
The water level has dropped another 5 feet since the bluestone but the water is running really good at the inlet.
Guess we are using more than is coming in.
Talked to Shannon on Sunday after leaving the lake near closing time and asked her how the fishing was , she said she didn't see a single striper in the trash and didn't hear of any being caught .
Welcome to skinner looks like it's ocean time till the fishing picks up.

P.A.W.
07-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Man, I take that as a challenge. :Pillow Fight: Still waiting to hear from Last Chance Marine about my boat. Can't wait to get out there.

JAG107
07-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Man, I take that as a challenge. :Pillow Fight: Still waiting to hear from Last Chance Marine about my boat. Can't wait to get out there.

If you need a fix Pat, you can fish the Wood with me on Sunday in my new (to me) tracker tundra! Call me if you're interested. What happened to your boat?

P.A.W.
07-08-2015, 07:57 PM
That's nice of you Joe! I picked the boat up today and will be on the water tomorrow. It has a Terrova trolling motor which has motorized steering. Some gears had stripped and it would only turn left like a NASCAR. Really a problem when you're frogging the slop. Figured while it was at Last Chance I'd have the bottom end serviced and get new bearings on the trailer. I've only ever seen one of those Tundras. I have company this weekend, but I'd love to get on that thing sooner than later. Plus I'd appreciate a guided trip on Silverwood, having never been there.

HawgZWylde
07-08-2015, 08:53 PM
That's nice of you Joe! I picked the boat up today and will be on the water tomorrow. It has a Terrova trolling motor which has motorized steering. Some gears had stripped and it would only turn left like a NASCAR. Really a problem when you're frogging the slop. Figured while it was at Last Chance I'd have the bottom end serviced and get new bearings on the trailer. I've only ever seen one of those Tundras. I have company this weekend, but I'd love to get on that thing sooner than later. Plus I'd appreciate a guided trip on Silverwood, having never been there.

Metered massive bait clouds with Stripey chasing them all along the south side Pat. They were in 15-25ft of water over the canyon areas with some Shad balls visibly close to the surface. Bass are a grind but they are biting. Caught a 9.68lber there yesterday...

P.A.W.
07-09-2015, 04:24 AM
Thanks Hawgz. I figured they are about due to start transitioning from the old haunts. I'm on it!