PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with Eagle and/or Almanor Lake?

billy b
06-26-2015, 04:54 PM
They're not too far from me ... and I hear there's some great fizhun. But I don't know a thing about then except a map to get there. Any suggestions on where to stay ... fishing guide recommendations ... time of year. Any and all will be VERY welcome.

Thanks MUCH

billy b

DEVOREFLYER
06-26-2015, 04:59 PM
This is my go to for Eagle Lake fishing info. The water level is however not great.
http://www.eaglelakefishing.net/

Sierra_Smitty
06-27-2015, 06:07 PM
These are both places you need to go Bill...I've never fished with a guide there but holy moly, some of the best fishing I've ever had in California is up there. Big Daddy's guide service has a pretty solid reputation up there, mostly trolling. Its a very different feel that the Eastern Sierra, but the fish are hearty and plentiful.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
06-28-2015, 08:04 AM
Yeah, that Eagle Lake strain of rainbow trout are HOT. Hard hitting, hard fighting, and xlnt to eat.
The water level at Eagle Lake is kinda low, so the only way to fish it is by boat.
Almanor isn't quite as low as there are many places to fish from shore. First timers there I'd suggest Big Daddy's Guide Service.
Almanor also have that Eagle Lake Strain of rainbows.
There's a hatchery that produces that strain at Baum Lake, which is another hot spot to catch many fish per day, lots of 2-3 lbers.

billy b
06-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Yeah, that Eagle Lake strain of rainbow trout are HOT. Hard hitting, hard fighting, and xlnt to eat.
The water level at Eagle Lake is kinda low, so the only way to fish it is by boat.
Almanor isn't quite as low as there are many places to fish from shore. First timers there I'd suggest Big Daddy's Guide Service.
Almanor also have that Eagle Lake Strain of rainbows.
There's a hatchery that produces that strain at Baum Lake, which is another hot spot to catch many fish per day, lots of 2-3 lbers.

Xlnt stuff ... thanks much