PDA

View Full Version : Hey PETA

DEVOREFLYER
06-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Scientists settle age-old debate over whether fish feel pain

It is a debate that has raged for years. But now Britain’s four million anglers can rest easy – because fish do not feel pain, scientists have concluded.

Fish do not even suffer when they are hooked and fighting for their lives, according to research by an international team.

They say fish do not have a brain system or enough sensory receptors in the nerve cells to experience suffering.

While fish may struggle to get free, the scientists say this does not mean they are in pain. Instead, they show ‘little effect’ from injuries and toxins that would leave humans in agony.

In their experiments, reported in the scientific journal Fish and Fisheries, researchers inserted needles into the jaws of rainbow trout.

Jim Rose, professor of zoology and physiology at the University of Wisconsin, who led the project, said: ‘In spite of large injections of acid or bee venom, that would cause severe pain to a human, the trout showed remarkably little effect.’

Fish also resumed normal activity within minutes of surgical procedures, as well as after being caught and released back into the water. Prof Rose added: ‘It is highly improbable that fish can experience pain

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3e3tE8rVz

DarkShadow
06-25-2015, 03:36 PM
They say fish do not have a brain system

And yet they are still a pain the *** to catch.

Did the scientists also find out how a person with a brain 20 sizes larger than a fish still cannot fool them to eat their bait? That's the study I'd like to read up on.

HawgZWylde
06-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Hmm, I posted on this thread yesterday and it's gone. So here goes again;

Dev, since when do facts mean anything to these morons? They're for the most part liberals and we know liberals make it up as they go. It's like the man made global warming scam. Just a bunch of leftist blowhards spewing verbal flatulence...

Lady Quagga
06-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Bang up job resurrecting a 2˝-year-old article to get Hawggy foaming at the mouth. You trolled him well.

Hmm, I posted on this thread yesterday and it's gone. So here goes again;

Dev, since when do facts mean anything to these morons? They're for the most part liberals and we know liberals make it up as they go. It's like the man made global warming scam. Just a bunch of leftist blowhards spewing verbal flatulence...

Maybe your original post was gone because someone figured you for a moron. If that's the case, I applaud their judgement.

At any rate, just because animals such as fish do not interpret pain the way humans do doesn't diminish their suffering. I am no PETA advocate, and I will continue to fish as I always have, but only a mouth-breathing Con˛ would believe that a fish's reaction to being hooked up is merely some dissociative physiological reaction. A fish doesn't require human emotion to figure out that being dragged by a sharp thing in it's lip isn't beneficial to its well being.

HawgZWylde
06-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Lol, hey you trollin' me Dev? Shame on you...

DEVOREFLYER
06-26-2015, 08:36 PM
No Quagga your the only TROLL around here. I'll put ANY info from any date/time to discredit PETA or the Eco-Nazi's. Lies and Bull Excrement does not have an expiration date.

HawgZWylde
06-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Lol, feelin' a little rebellious tonight Dev? Ya need to get the Redneck Rocket between those two flags. It's gotta represent too.

Oh ya, the link got changed Dev, it takes ya to a story re: the Tunisian massacre...

hookdfisherman
06-26-2015, 09:43 PM

this article is even worse than pucker boy's writin' jk.

BUT,

anyone who believes this malarkey is lacking indeed.

When I gotta answer for all the kills I have made in my lifetime on this little blue sphere, I am instead going with:

"that fish only died from the joy it felt from eating yummy PB, it was not my gut wrenching treble that hurt it... after all, that one article says it felt no pain and wasn't hurt by my hooks."

instead of:

"I love to fish, I need to eat some protein so it didn't go to waste!"

OR the ol' standby,

"Thank you Mr. Fugu for giving your life for the sake of keeping the food chain alive and kickin'!"

Lady Quagga
06-27-2015, 08:31 AM
I'll put ANY info from any date/time to discredit PETA or the Eco-Nazi's.

And yet you've failed to do so.

Lies and Bull Excrement does not have an expiration date.

You're living proof. Bask in all your coprolitic glory.

etucker1959
06-27-2015, 05:10 PM

this article is even worse than pucker boy's writin' jk.

BUT,

anyone who believes this malarkey is lacking indeed.

When I gotta answer for all the kills I have made in my lifetime on this little blue sphere, I am instead going with:

"that fish only died from the joy it felt from eating yummy PB, it was not my gut wrenching treble that hurt it... after all, that one article says it felt no pain and wasn't hurt by my hooks."

instead of:

"I love to fish, I need to eat some protein so it didn't go to waste!"

OR the ol' standby,

"Thank you Mr. Fugu for giving your life for the sake of keeping the food chain alive and kickin'!"

This article is worse then pucker boy's writing!!!!! Geez!!!!!! But I'll let that comment slide, what I do want to write about is nicknames. Since you have already given me a nickname, "pucker boy" I thought it was only fair I give you one. Your nickname for me, "pucker boy" isn't all that imaginative. It's merely a play on my last name and your obvious obsession with A holes!!! For you I was inspired by the very raunchy adult cartoon. "South Park." One of the minor (major) characters on the program is a boy named Butter's. He is a good likeable boy on the show, but everyone keeps picking on him. After so much abuse by everyone including his own parents, he creates an EVIL alter ego of himself and call his new persona, "Captain Chaos." If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm comparing myself to the character Butter's. Along comes this other little boy who is a bit of an outcast himself and wants to join Captain Chao's gang. That little boy reminds me of you!!!!!!! So I am now going to give you the same nickname Butter's gave this outcast of a person. "General Disarray!!!" I think it fits you perfectly!!!!!!

hookdfisherman
06-27-2015, 05:47 PM

This article is worse then pucker boy's writing!!!!! Geez!!!!!! I'll let that comment slide, what I do want to write about is nicknames. Since you have already given me a nickname, "pucker boy" I thought it was only fair I give you one. Your nickname for me pucker boy, isn't all that imaginative. It's merely a play on my last name and your obvious obsession with A holes.

yeah u sure are 1 helluva an A whole alright! (my obsession???? lol ) so hang in there til I get bored wit cha, lol!

HHHAeeyyy ya - A-CAVITY, love ya!!!!!!!!

It's merely a play on my last name and your obvious obsession with A holes.

really????!!!!! a play on ur last name?????!!!!! oh wow, i did not even see that!!!!!! thanks for the astute observation!!!!!

btw,

don't let things that irritate ya go unanswered, if ya got a response give it up!!!!!!!!

correct me if i'm wrong but did ya give ma nickname or not?

or are ya waiting to build up the suspense?? like you do in your run on stories? Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or can't ya think of a nickname for me that isn't a play of some sort on my name? how about a play of some sort on my fishing skills?, typing skills? written skills? wait do my mathdumbmatical skills or my emphasitical skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!! (dang i'm good at that one huh?)

(ya gotta let some o dat steam off dude or you're gonna pop.)

hookdfisherman
06-27-2015, 05:48 PM
This article is worse then pucker boy's writing!!!!! Geez!!!!!! But I'll let that comment slide, what I do want to write about is nicknames. Since you have already given me a nickname, "pucker boy" I thought it was only fair I give you one. Your nickname for me, "pucker boy" isn't all that imaginative. It's merely a play on my last name and your obvious obsession with A holes!!! For you I was inspired by the very raunchy adult cartoon. "South Park." One of the minor (major) characters on the program is a boy named Butter's. He is a good likeable boy on the show, but everyone keeps picking on him. After so much abuse by everyone including his own parents, he creates an EVIL alter ego of himself and call his new persona, "Captain Chaos." If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm comparing myself to the character Butter's. Along comes this other little boy who is a bit of an outcast himself and wants to join Captain Chao's gang. That little boy reminds me of you!!!!!!! So I am now going to give you the same nickname Butter's gave this outcast of a person. "General Disarray!!!" I think it fits you perfectly!!!!!!

huh?

hookdfisherman
06-27-2015, 05:50 PM

SP is raunchY???????

UR BUTTER???? LOL I SHOULD COMMENT BUT I THINK YOU SAID IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

oh i just can't leave it alone!!!!

i'm giving u another nicky; Butthert, you can make the "h" silent.

JAG107
06-27-2015, 06:09 PM
For you I was inspired by the very raunchy adult cartoon. "South Park." One of the minor (major) characters on the program is a boy named Butter's. He is a good likeable boy on the show, but everyone keeps picking on him. After so much abuse by everyone including his own parents, he creates an EVIL alter ego of himself and call his new persona, "Captain Chaos." If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm comparing myself to the character Butter's. Along comes this other little boy who is a bit of an outcast himself and wants to join Captain Chao's gang. That little boy reminds me of you!!!!!!! So I am now going to give you the same nickname Butter's gave this outcast of a person. "General Disarray!!!" I think it fits you perfectly!!!!!![/QUOTE]

It's PROFESSOR Chaos, ETucker!

hookdfisherman
06-27-2015, 06:14 PM

lol

thanks for more laffs!

etucker1959
06-27-2015, 06:25 PM

lol

thanks for more laffs!

General Disarray, are you ready to cause some commotion on some other threads????????

hookdfisherman
06-27-2015, 07:11 PM

General Disarray, are you ready to cause some commotion on some other threads????????

why? u ober dare 2?

tell me where, i'll follow u there!

All my commotion? ???? me thinks it only bothers you!!!!! It's all entertainment for others, I hope so antways.

You can shorten my nicker to just gd if general disarray takes too much time to type. it can also remind you of the general disarray that bothers you in Gen Disc too lol.

My new nicker should be moniker maker for all dem pucker tuckers <awholeioz> <bunwholeioz> out in da world.

hookdfisherman
06-28-2015, 04:00 PM

Skyler
06-29-2015, 07:45 AM
https://theaxemen.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/ayecarumbaoj3.jpg

hookdfisherman
06-29-2015, 04:22 PM

you can call me the post nazi.

>

DarkShadow
06-30-2015, 01:58 PM

Skylark!

Let's go bleach some streams!!!

Skyler
07-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Skylark!

Let's go bleach some streams!!!

I switched to Liquid Plumber. It's more effective and gives the flesh a nice minty, tingly flavor...

Brent
07-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Devore,

You're new/not so new avatar is reason enough for me to discredit anything related to humanity coming from anything you say. You just keep a wishin you was in "good ole Dixie" way back in " the good ole days" when you could own you a couple of them darkies. You know that's EXACTLY what you're thinking.
*********, hating, homophobic, racist.

Being human doesn't register with people like you. Liberal or conservative!

HawgZWylde
07-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Devore,

You're new/not so new avatar is reason enough for me to discredit anything related to humanity coming from anything you say. You just keep a wishin you was in "good ole Dixie" way back in " the good ole days" when you could own you a couple of them darkies. You know that's EXACTLY what you're thinking.
*********, hating, homophobic, racist.

Being human doesn't register with people like you. Liberal or conservative!

Bwahaha, man are you a dolt. Simply haven't got a clue to what it's really all about...

DarkShadow
07-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Bwahaha, man are you a dolt. Simply haven't got a clue to what it's really all about...

Hawgz,

Elucidate us on what this is really about.

I'm extremely curious.

Nevermind, let's start a new thread.

Brent
07-07-2015, 09:32 AM

Thank you for the compliment, because a comment from a complete idiot like you is just that. A compliment.
If you believe in that flag then grab one and run down into any black community waving it and see how long you last.
Racists like you that are in the closet are the most pitiful kind. I have more respect for the ones that just come right out and announce it than try to hide behind a bunch BS when you really know what you are all about on the inside.
How can any empathetic human agree with that damn flag and what it symbolizes. No better than flying a freaking Nazi Swastika Flag. Why don't you grow a pair and just admit what you really are?

DarkShadow
07-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Thank you for the compliment, because a comment from a complete idiot like you is just that. A compliment.
If you believe in that flag then grab one and run down into any black community waving it and see how long you last.
Racists like you that are in the closet are the most pitiful kind. I have more respect for the ones that just come right out and announce it than try to hide behind a bunch BS when you really know what you are all about on the inside.
How can any empathetic human agree with that damn flag and what it symbolizes. No better than flying a freaking Nazi Swastika Flag. Why don't you grow a pair and just admit what you really are?

Unfortunately, Hawgz has appropriated what a "troll" is by his own definition, which now means that a troll is anybody who is against his ways of thinking.

So, now he can make statements like the ones he's made here, and then justify them by not having to answer any of the rebuttals, because anybody who has thoughts opposite of his are now considered 'trolls' in his eyes and he will not engage.

Quite a convenient method of spouting your hate, but not being held accountable for what you said.

Bravo, Cerdo.

City Dad
07-14-2015, 10:25 AM
GUYS, GUYS... COME ON!!!

Can't we just come together and hate on PETA in unity like brothers???

DarkShadow
07-15-2015, 02:23 PM
GUYS, GUYS... COME ON!!!

Can't we just come together and hate on PETA in unity like brothers???

I don't consider myself 'brothers' with people who spew hate like Cerdo does.

But, I'll still send you PMs regarding great trout streams around here, CD!

HawgZWylde
07-15-2015, 04:00 PM
I don't consider myself 'brothers' with people who spew hate like Cerdo does.

But, I'll still send you PMs regarding great trout streams around here, CD!

You are borderline slandering me. You and a couple of others are painting a picture of me that does not exist. Like Brent, I challenge you to copy and paste anything that I posted that can be construed as racist, bigotry or hate. You know full well that that is me in my avatar pic and that I'm pretty well recognized at the local lakes and businesses surrounding me here where I live. You sir, are attempting to set me up for attack. You know full well the internet is full of lunatics that have the capacity to act out. If I, my family or friends are harmed by your actions and false accusation, there will be a big price to pay, for you. You sir are deflecting your own hate and bigotry by pointing your finger at me. You are a coward at best...

Lady Quagga
07-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Thus spake the hate-filled delusional drywaller. (I'd call you a bigot - and rightfully so - but it seems there's a problem with the archives.)

You are borderline slandering me. You and a couple of others are painting a picture of me that does not exist. Like Brent, I challenge you to copy and paste anything that I posted that can be construed as racist, bigotry or hate. You know full well that that is me in my avatar pic and that I'm pretty well recognized at the local lakes and businesses surrounding me here where I live. You sir, are attempting to set me up for attack. You know full well the internet is full of lunatics that have the capacity to act out. If I, my family or friends are harmed by your actions and false accusation, there will be a big price to pay, for you. You sir are deflecting your own hate and bigotry by pointing your finger at me. You are a coward at best...

Brent
07-16-2015, 05:26 PM

By lunatics, would you by any chance be referring to someone that would tell someone to meet them at DVL to whoop their butts. Also, as I have said before, you very well may not be a racists, but that would just make you ignorant of other peoples issues. It's one of the two. By the way also ignorant does not mean stupid, but continuing to be ignorant when the facts are there does. You're all worried about someone hurting you and your the one calling people out. I told you to be careful who you call out because you have no idea who or what you're really dealing with. I've never once threatened harm to anyone one regardless of their views, but you have.
Have a great day hypocrite.

HawgZWylde
07-16-2015, 06:08 PM
By lunatics, would you by any chance be referring to someone that would tell someone to meet them at DVL to whoop their butts. Also, as I have said before, you very well may not be a racists, but that would just make you ignorant of other peoples issues. It's one of the two. By the way also ignorant does not mean stupid, but continuing to be ignorant when the facts are there does. You're all worried about someone hurting you and your the one calling people out. I told you to be careful who you call out because you have no idea who or what you're really dealing with. I've never once threatened harm to anyone one regardless of their views, but you have.
Have a great day hypocrite.

I didn't tell you to meet me at DVL to "whoop their butts", I told you that so that we could see each others face, in public, when discussing the matter because so many here hide behind their computer screens and they don't have the balls to say what they say here in public. You are an anonymous profile, I am not. Other people's issues are not my concern when it comes to freedom in my country. True history is just that and should never be "disappeared" for convenience, it should be kept if for anything, education. So with that being said, you are now warning me to shut up or else? Bring it pal, I stand by what I say. I am not a racist, I am an American citizen that will not stand by and watch while our nations true history is erased and replaced for political gain and division. Why should I fear telling the truth? "Ignorant's" are those who keep buying the propaganda. I have described here on several posts the motivations of the left and why they are USING "ignorant's" to further their goal of bringing this nation down and installing a globalist socialist/fascist regime. Remember, tyranny is colorblind, yet it uses division to conquer...

Lady Quagga
07-16-2015, 06:46 PM
I didn't tell you to meet me at DVL to "whoop their butts", I told you that so that we could see each others face, in public, when discussing the matter because so many here hide behind their computer screens and they don't have the balls to say what they say here in public. You are an anonymous profile, I am not.

BWAHAHAHAHA

That's right Brent! Why don't you haul your butt down here to DVL you little coward, and I'll......I'll......discuss this matter of the Confederate flag with you!

And then afterwards we'll have tea and cucumber sandwiches.

Yeaaaaaah......

HawgZWylde
07-16-2015, 06:57 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA

That's right Brent! Why don't you haul your butt down here to DVL you little coward, and I'll......I'll......discuss this matter of the Confederate flag with you!

Yeaaaaaah......

This post sums up you insanity perfectly. You are baiting. I'll meet up with anybody, what happens happens. You on the other hand must post fish reports elsewhere in real person while remaining anonymous here in an attempt to drive others off this board. You are the true coward.

Hey Brent, here's your Teabagger dude. FNN's own Caitlyn...

Lady Quagga
07-17-2015, 03:07 AM
This post sums up you insanity perfectly. You are baiting. I'll meet up with anybody, what happens happens. You on the other hand must post fish reports elsewhere in real person while remaining anonymous here in an attempt to drive others off this board. You are the true coward.

Hey Brent, here's your Teabagger dude. FNN's own Caitlyn...

Coward? For remaining anonymous to you? Please. You are living proof that having a public presence doesn't lend you any credibility or legitimacy, or stop you from being an ignorant dolt.

Brent
07-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Has anyone on here noticed the fact that the KKK and a lot of other 'white supremacists' groups are marching and protesting in SC over that damned flag?
Doesn't that tell you something? If not, then I guess by all means you should go support the cause and join the rally. We should be done with this topic, but I know there's a few on here that are going to still hold on.
Those few will never get it.

Brent
07-20-2015, 07:49 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA

Yeaaaaaah......

LQ,

I'm not entertaining him anymore. It's a waste of my breath, he now says I'm threatening him to try to divert what he said....whatever. "shut up or else". Really?
"Bring it"? Another example of his no threat.
White supremacist and the good ole KKK themselves are protesting the bringing down of that damned flag. Shouldn't that be enough to make people realize.....oh, that's right, I forgot who we're talking about. Like that'll ever happen.
You can't teach a pig to fly. I'm done with this.

DarkShadow
07-20-2015, 11:45 AM
White supremacist and the good ole KKK themselves are protesting the bringing down of that damned flag. Shouldn't that be enough to make people realize.....

I'd be more concerned when their arguments start sounding exactly like mine.

Sound like a familiar argument?:

“They’re taking our heritage from us. They’re taking the freedom out of America.”

- http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/19/kkk-clashes-south-carolina-racism

Birds of a feather?

Brent
07-21-2015, 09:59 AM
I'd be more concerned when their arguments start sounding exactly like mine.

Sound like a familiar argument?:

- http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/19/kkk-clashes-south-carolina-racism

Birds of a feather?

Definitely a very slippery slope.