PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Event Saturday 6-20

plastics
06-22-2015, 01:24 PM
Went out on Saturday night for the moonlight event and actually caught a few fish, which means they must be biting pretty well.

I got 3 LMB on a drop shot. (6" oxblood worm.). Picked up 1 LMB and 1 SMB on a crank in about 8 feet of water, and had 2 more come off on the crank.

The SMB was probably the biggest fish of the 5. All pretty small, but they kept me entertained all night which was cool.

Next month I might have some first-time anglers on the boat that would probably be better off baiting stripers. Did anyone have any luck with the stripers on Saturday?

fishingboysdad
06-22-2015, 06:48 PM
caught 2 catfish about 5 pounds each(they were safely released)..had a few strikes on my sardines but didn't set the hook..i did see about 4 stripers pulled out..we fished the dam

Hitts0n
07-22-2015, 06:02 PM
caught 2 catfish about 5 pounds each(they were safely released)..had a few strikes on my sardines but didn't set the hook..i did see about 4 stripers pulled out..we fished the dam

I will be there this Saturday night looking for them big catfish and dinker stripers !

soimthatguy
07-23-2015, 11:17 AM
I will also be out there this weekend. Just got back from a 3/4 day for tuna so we have a full scoop of dines to work with!

Piratepup
07-23-2015, 12:00 PM
I will also be out there this weekend. Just got back from a 3/4 day for tuna so we have a full scoop of dines to work with!

I am thinking of hitting up the moonlight fishing this Sat. I would be fishing off my kayak. How do trout bite at night? I have never fished at night so I am going to have to get some night led lights for the kayak.

soimthatguy
07-23-2015, 12:20 PM
I am thinking of hitting up the moonlight fishing this Sat. I would be fishing off my kayak. How do trout bite at night? I have never fished at night so I am going to have to get some night led lights for the kayak.

I've had a skunk season on trout so I'm not to sure. I've been trying kastmasters, jointed rapala, garlic powerbait, lucky craft pointers, yu zuri lures and didn't produce anything.

We've been on a bit of a striper bite here and at Silverwood. Cut sardines and worms are producing the most at the moment.

I'll be out there by 8pm

fishingboysdad
07-23-2015, 04:01 PM

..as far as trout, there probably aren't any around since the last stocking was in may..usually they don't last long because they are either eaten up by the stripers or they are fished out by fishermen..i havent seen any kayaks out at the upper at night, so u may wanna check ahead of time to be on the safe side..u can always join us at the dam if they don't allow them..

BALLERONBUDGET
07-24-2015, 07:55 AM
they don't let kayaks/canoes tubes or inflatables on upper lake even in daytime...lagoon only ; moreso on night event from any of the participating lakes moonlight events

first time ive heard of catching from event in yrs.....last yrs mostly skunks!! so boring everyone on cellphones ; calld quits by midnite each time I went

Piratepup
07-24-2015, 08:14 AM
they don't let kayaks/canoes tubes or inflatables on upper lake even in daytime...lagoon only ; moreso on night event from any of the participating lakes moonlight events

first time ive heard of catching from event in yrs.....last yrs mostly skunks!! so boring everyone on cellphones ; calld quits by midnite each time I went

I called the general info and they let me know that for the night event they are allowing Kayaks on the uppoer lake. They do have restrictions on kayaks on the upper lake but it is due to the low lake level. Anyhow I am going leave the Kayak at home as I will have more fun just meeting people.

Piratepup
07-24-2015, 08:30 AM
..as far as trout, there probably aren't any around since the last stocking was in may..usually they don't last long because they are either eaten up by the stripers or they are fished out by fishermen..i havent seen any kayaks out at the upper at night, so u may wanna check ahead of time to be on the safe side..u can always join us at the dam if they don't allow them..

I will be leaving the kayak at home for this event, see you all at the dam. I will be the guy with the Beagle. Any specific gear I should bring for fishing from the dam. I plan on hitting the tackle shop today.

soimthatguy
07-24-2015, 09:44 AM
I will be leaving the kayak at home for this event, see you all at the dam. I will be the guy with the Beagle. Any specific gear I should bring for fishing from the dam. I plan on hitting the tackle shop today.

I'll try to swing by and introduce myself, we'll probably be around the lagoon most of the time. We bought 1/0 owner hooks, night crawlers, lug worms, a few top water lures (LC Pointers), 3/4oz sinkers in case we need some casting distance and fresh sardines. Oh, and beer, lots and lots of beer.

fishingboysdad
07-24-2015, 02:08 PM
I'll try to swing by and introduce myself, we'll probably be around the lagoon most of the time. We bought 1/0 owner hooks, night crawlers, lug worms, a few top water lures (LC Pointers), 3/4oz sinkers in case we need some casting distance and fresh sardines. Oh, and beer, lots and lots of beer.

be careful with the beer..its an easy ticket..im gonna try to go to the night fishing if i don't go looking for boils in the daytime..just noty sure if u are going to the lagoon or the upper lake

BALLERONBUDGET
07-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Gonna stir up a bucket but oh well! Can all u guys remind the gate and harbor patrol there to kick out all fishermen prior to event. !! Not cool while u and buddies are all parked and w8 for event and gate to open. The guys fishing dam pretend to walk to car 1/2 way at closing 7pm then walk back= there's 100 people on dam when u just paid to get in. Son of a b*******. Ya not cool, but like all things there's cheaters out there . I'm sure a couple boaters do the same. Trailer up then relaunch. Fair..........???? Hmmmmmmmmmm. After 11pm it's pretty much free to get in as the gate people leave to home

soimthatguy
07-25-2015, 10:38 AM
oh, thanks for the heads up. Might have to leave it behind then :Sad:

be careful with the beer..its an easy ticket..im gonna try to go to the night fishing if i don't go looking for boils in the daytime..just noty sure if u are going to the lagoon or the upper lake

BALLERONBUDGET
07-27-2015, 04:37 PM
result for moonlight event anyone ???? either everyone tight lipped about it or a total skunk loss.....?

fishingboysdad
07-27-2015, 05:13 PM
result for moonlight event anyone ???? either everyone tight lipped about it or a total skunk loss.....?

i didnt make it ..i took my son looking for boils on sunday instead and caught 11...

Piratepup
07-27-2015, 05:21 PM

I wish I could say I caught a big fish but the closest I got to catching a fish was the bait I was using. I think it was the same for everyone else. The fish's ninja skills were great.

Piratepup
07-27-2015, 05:22 PM
It was really great meeting everyone. Hope to see you all out on the shore/lake again!

BALLERONBUDGET
07-27-2015, 09:11 PM
The commradare is great but 95% of the moonlights Castaic and others hv been a skunkfest for several yrs in a row now. I thnk the better bets are twilight for the time and same $$ ull spend. The reports showing sandbass n cudas at night. Beats sitting in the dark dam hoping to evn get a strike to show up. Wah wah wah :No Pity::No Pity::No Pity::No Pity::No Pity::No Pity:

soimthatguy
07-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Hit 3 catfish off the bank with cut sardines. The boats were hitting pretty good.

plastics
07-28-2015, 02:50 PM
picked up a few small LMB on drop shot. Much better than staying at home watching TV.

TroutOnly
08-01-2015, 08:37 PM
what happened to youre report hitts.........