PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cal Half Day Out of Pier Point Landing Late Post 6/15/15 VIDEO with Action

troutmastahh
06-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Went out on the Southern Cal out of Pier Point Landing in Long Beach. Caught the Pm trip because at the time the Am reports weren't too good. First spot is when i hooked up into the Yellowtail in the video. In total i hooked up 4 times and lost 3 fish, all felt considerably bigger than the 1st fish. Lost them due to my reel, it seemed like the level wind was not cooperating with me and it spooled the line on poorly causing the line to snag on itself and the drag locked up. Oh well though, already going to buy a new reel before i go out again. I was spooled up with 30lb blue power pro and had maybe a 6 or 7 foot seaguar fluorocarbon leader, im almost certain i hooked up 4 times due to the light line, i was fishing a live sardine with a mustad live bait hook and a half ounce egg sinker. In total the boat had 37 anglers and 19 Yellowtail were caught. I'll be going back out on friday. Hope you enjoy the vid! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLD5sOh7oLY

twin22s
06-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Wow, lot of respect out there, that guy just walking under you while your pulling on your fish, I'll stick to Private boats. good fishing makes people do some stupid things i guess.

TUNAVIC
06-22-2015, 09:58 PM
That vid really reminds me of the frustration of fishing a party boat, I surely recognize for many that's the only option and I say more power to them, I used to love it,just like the private skiff action a lot more now,WTG on your nice tail.

Cya Tuna Vic

catfishkid1
06-22-2015, 11:58 PM
Outstanding job on keeping your cool and prevailing in the end with a nice yelloytail......!!!:Worship::Applause::Singing In Rain:

troutmastahh
06-23-2015, 06:51 PM
its apart of the game and it honestly doesnt bother me too much. but yes good fishing will make people lose their minds.

troutmastahh
06-23-2015, 06:53 PM
i plan to catch a private skiff out of long beach soon but for now it will do and i dont mind bumpin elbows with others.. and thanks!

Ambassadorhawg
06-23-2015, 08:20 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

etucker1959
06-23-2015, 09:46 PM
its apart of the game and it honestly doesnt bother me too much. but yes good fishing will make people lose their minds.
You make a really good point about "GOOD FISHING" will make people lose their minds. At least on the sport boats you have a captain and crew trying to keep things under control. (Personally I think they do a decent job of that!!) However, the small skiffs or pots as I like to call them, have "NO ONE CONTROLLING THEM!!!!!" Some of their behavior goes beyond common courtesy or common sense!!!! If I had a video camera on the 7-8 trips I've been on this month, and had the intention of filming the pots behavior after a sport boat shuts down on some fish. I could have the "KING" of all blooper videos. What's even better, if it was seen through out the nation. People would be saying, "there right about them people in Californiania." They really do come from the state of Fruits and Nuts." lol

DockRat
06-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Congrats on the YT. :Applause:
DR

JL
06-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Nice Catch. You have much more patience with being on a party boat than I would have at my age. I appreciate my own boat more today watching your video. When we have 4 flylines out it makes me nervous on my boat I would be having a fit on the party boat.

Thanks for sharing God Bless and Tight Lines

TroutOnly
06-29-2015, 12:19 PM
great fight and catch despite all the knuckleheads..............

ichthus
07-02-2015, 12:54 PM
nice job! Enjoyed the video!

troutmastahh
08-13-2015, 01:56 PM
going back out on sunday for the AM and PM trip back to back then doing the AM monday morning as well