PDA

View Full Version : AHHHH!!! Yellow! Yellow! Hot rail!!! Half day, Monte Carlo AM trips

Ambassadorhawg
06-19-2015, 06:16 PM
I went last week on Friday for the morning run after repeatedly reading about the incredible yellowtail local fishing going on for the L.A./O.C. local boats. I only got one bite but it turned into a 20 pounder. last week, the fish were out by the rigs.

I had a strange feeling that the fish were gonna bite today so i went back for the morning run and it was EPIC.

We probably hooked 100 fish and landed over 50. Big, badass 20-30 pounders. I went 4 for 6. My first fish hooked right when the boat stopped to start out the day was the most powerful. It sawed me off in the rocks. I got two 20 pounders after that and then I picked up my jig rod to see if I could get a little love with that. No luck but a few others scored this way during the trip. I went back to bait (big sardines) and got two more fish pushing 30 pounds each. Everyone at least got to tug on a big yellow today. There was many heart breaks but that's fishing. I pulled the hook out of two fish and wow'd 2 or 3 other bites. ALL of the sport boats and private boats were going bent. This week, the fish had moved onto the Horseshoe.

catfishkid1
06-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Wow........I really need to get out there and get my first yellow tail (s)

TUNAVIC
06-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Great trip,amazing amounts of fish this season! How many do you think we're on the morning run,anglers that is?

Cya Tuna Vic

etucker1959
06-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Today was a good day to be on the water!!!!! I'm glad you got into them really good, I also did well on the Southern Cal today and another buddy of mine was on the Sport King today and he hooked 3 and landed two #25 pounders. He said, "I wasn't kidding how big and mean they are!!!"

Ambassadorhawg
06-21-2015, 06:03 AM
Great trip,amazing amounts of fish this season! How many do you think we're on the morning run,anglers that is?

Cya Tuna Vic

There was 45 on the boat. Seems like 40ish has been the average for that boat when I go. It fishes that many easily, comfortably. We heard a captain that day say on the radio that he thinks there is 100 tons of fish there.