PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point Yellowfin Tuna Off The Dock.

DockRat
06-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Yellowfin Tuna have been seen in the harbor.
Time for a FNNers to to change the game plan !
DR

Here is the proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WWw6SXEkLw

etucker1959
06-17-2015, 10:26 AM
Yellowfin Tuna have been seen in the harbor.
Time for a FNNers to to change the game plan !
DR

Here is the proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WWw6SXEkLw
The Helena out of Dana is the boat you want. 12 people only and he likes to go offshore.

DockRat
06-17-2015, 04:23 PM
The Helena out of Dana is the boat you want. 12 people only and he likes to go offshore. How Much ?

WERE TALKING HARBOR FISHING HERE TUCKER. Anybody can catch a tuna on a boat offshore. They used to catch Tuna off the Redondo pier, back in the day.

To catch a Tuna in Dana would raise the bar very high.

Hope some FNNer tries this, how about a Luckcraft ? :LOL:
Get your float tube, yak, skiff and get on this. 20 - 30lb + test min. It would really suck to lose a catch of a lifetime
on small gear. Slow trolling a couple sardines would be the ticket. Try every basin. If these fish left they could be back. I've caught
Bonito in King Harbor with fresh squid in the stomach and that was when the squid were off El Segundo a few miles away.

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngXZqS1gcoM

DockRat
06-17-2015, 04:31 PM
The word on the street is that the Yellowtail are off Rocky Point.
Check the count tonight for the Redondo, MDR boats.
Some of the 3/4 day boats have been running to the 150/Shoe. If the Redondo Special 1/2 day shows YT's
then the fish may be at Rocky Pt. Redondo bait barge has been closed much of the time so call Redondo Sportfishing first and ask about the bait.
Tempbreak.com
Good Luck, DR

etucker1959
06-17-2015, 05:59 PM
The word on the street is that the Yellowtail are off Rocky Point.
Check the count tonight for the Redondo, MDR boats.
Some of the 3/4 day boats have been running to the 150/Shoe. If the Redondo Special 1/2 day shows YT's
then the fish may be at Rocky Pt. Redondo bait barge has been closed much of the time so call Redondo Sportfishing first and ask about the bait.
Tempbreak.com
Good Luck, DR
I already called them, they have sardines for bait today. They had live squid over the weekend. The size of the Yellowtail are #4-30 lbs. The Indian today was fishing off of Vicente all by himself. The Mad house is continuing at the 150 spot, so that's where I'm headed next!!!

DockRat
06-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Pt Vicente is in the MLPA no fishing zone. They must have been 3 miles + off the point.

etucker1959
06-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Pt Vicente is in the MLPA no fishing zone. They must have been 3 miles + off the point.
That sounds about right!!!! lol

Stormcrow
06-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Man, this is cool....It reminds me of when I caught a tank yellowtail in King Harbor off of the Pier in 1985. I was 13 and thought I was a GOD

Vies
07-23-2015, 07:15 PM
there were 5 of them hanging out on the side of baby beach pier in Dana point... they were taking bites of tuna heads that were thrown in 3 weeks ago by a local who fishes for tuna.