PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Catfish Slay

GhettoBasser
06-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Took the family up to BB this last weekend. Fished Sat night and Sun night. Dusk til dark.

Saturday in Boulder Bay we caught an 8lb catfish on a nightcrawler. It was on 4lb test and unhappy to be caught. Fished was released.

Sunday night we hit the marina behind the church and caught 27 bullhead cats. We caught them all on carolina rigged nightcrawlers. We actually went
back to the store to buy more. My kids had a blast. We released all of them, they were however all really small. Maybe, maybe a pound if they were soaking
wet. Fished 4lb test on the rods. We didnt see any other fish caught but a guy said at Boulder Bay in the morning they were slaying it.

LAter!

Perris_holic
06-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Nice report and good job putting the kids on fish. I'm thinking about fishing Boulder Bay for the 4th of July and in hoping that this bite will still be going on.

Brent
06-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Not sure if it's true, but I've head those little bullhead are actually really good eating. I've always wanted to try one some day. why not, I love catfish.
Great job putting the kids on fish!

Brent

Mr T-rex
06-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Nice report! you can never go wrong slaying some bull heads
Next time throw out a piece of bread balled up on a J hook with light line and have fun catching those big carp ;)

Deceiver
06-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the tip GB. I was up there on 6/13 and found the same results with the night crawlers. Took two cartons of 10 and used them all. Water was stained and muddy from the rain they had Friday, but that didn't seem to stop the fish! All smaller, around 12" maybe? All released. Lots of fun.

Thanks again!